Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No audio NBC-6 MIA HD tonight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mikefeuer

mikefeuer

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

I had no audio just on the NBC 6-HD off the dish tonight. OTA was fine, and SD 6 on the dish had audio. I just couldn't be bothered calling about it tonight. Was it just me ? I seem to recall this happening once before. Thanks

Edited 2-21-07 11:38AM EST
I guess no one else had a problem in South Florida. Conan's recording was without audio, so the I was aware of the problem for more than four hours. This morning it's fine.
HR-20-700
Samsung HL-R5067W DLP (HDMI)
Bose 3-2-1-GS II (Optical Audio)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dervari

dervari

Icon

• Registered
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

I had the same problem with WAGA-DT FOX 5 out of Atlanta. About 2 minutes into American Idol, the audio went to 2.0 and was like I hit the mute button. Changing channels didn't help. Switched to 5.1 OTA and it worked fine all night.

#3 OFFLINE   mikefeuer

mikefeuer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

I had the same problem with WAGA-DT FOX 5 out of Atlanta. About 2 minutes into American Idol, the audio went to 2.0 and was like I hit the mute button. Changing channels didn't help. Switched to 5.1 OTA and it worked fine all night.

Thanks. I have DD set, and run it through the Bose which changes automatically and displays the sound mode. It did not however occur to me to try turning the DD off in the HR20. Next time.
HR-20-700

#4 OFFLINE   gooch986

gooch986

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

I had the same problem. OTA and SD was fine, Satellite HD was out. I also have DD set. Noticed it on last night's Leno.

#5 OFFLINE   mikefeuer

mikefeuer

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:51 PM

I had the same problem. OTA and SD was fine, Satellite HD was out. I also have DD set. Noticed it on last night's Leno.

Ah thanks gooch. I tend to foolishly assume things are my fault not the system.
I just wish something like a "We're aware of the problem and working on it" would be superimposed on the screen, but... are they aware ? :nono:
HR-20-700

#6 OFFLINE   gooch986

gooch986

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

Ah thanks gooch. I tend to foolishly assume things are my fault not the system.
I just wish something like a "We're aware of the problem and working on it" would be superimposed on the screen, but... are they aware ? :nono:

Probably not. Once in a while, I also get a signal downgrade in the middle of a show on WTVJ, where it's broadcasting in 16:9 mode, and all of a sudden, it switches to 4:3 and the blue NBC HD pillars appear on each side of the screen.:confused: :confused: :confused:

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

Probably not. Once in a while, I also get a signal downgrade in the middle of a show on WTVJ, where it's broadcasting in 16:9 mode, and all of a sudden, it switches to 4:3 and the blue NBC HD pillars appear on each side of the screen.:confused: :confused: :confused:

I get the same thing with Channel 6 - and its usually worse that the other locals.

Now if Channel 10 would only broadcast a 4:3 when a show is SD and not stretch everything to 16:9, I'd be happy!

Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#8 OFFLINE   ctauber

ctauber

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

I just went to watch L&O Criminal Intent that was recorded Tuesday night on the same channel and there was no audio for the entire episode.

spam firewall