Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Putting the HR20 in Standby Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   duce55

duce55

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Have only had my HR20 a short time and would like to know how to put the DVR in standby mode. I have been just turning it off at night, but if I can put it in standby mode, that would be great.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:00 AM

Have only had my HR20 a short time and would like to know how to put the DVR in standby mode. I have been just turning it off at night, but if I can put it in standby mode, that would be great.

Off = standby

#3 OFFLINE   duce55

duce55

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Just J

Just J

Crivens!

• Registered
  • 768 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thanks

Note - some of the data collected regarding box failures and other issues suggests that the odds of problems are higher for those who put their HR20's into standby. SO you may want to avoid this. You can dim the wheel of lights if that's an issue, or put a note card or something in front of it if it's still to bright.

#5 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

Note - some of the data collected regarding box failures and other issues suggests that the odds of problems are higher for those who put their HR20's into standby. SO you may want to avoid this. You can dim the wheel of lights if that's an issue, or put a note card or something in front of it if it's still to bright.

I must have misread that...I thought it was the reverse...uggghhhh.

And for the OP: it will still hum (way too loudly in my opinion) while it's in standby...it's starting to drive my wife crazy in the middle of the night.
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#6 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

I have turned mine off every night since October and it seems to work fine.

#7 OFFLINE   BobV

BobV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

I leave my HR20 in standby with no problems.
(Unless I need to sneak to the kitchen for a snack I turn it on, Them blue leds are
great for a nite light...):new_popco
What about Bob ?
" baby steps "

#8 OFFLINE   macEarl

macEarl

Godfather

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:48 PM

And for the OP: it will still hum (way too loudly in my opinion) while it's in standby...it's starting to drive my wife crazy in the middle of the night.

I've read this before, however, mine is quiet - on standby or left on all night in the bedroom. My Dtivo that it replaced drove me nuts. Ditto for the HR20 that replaced my HR10 in the living room.

I'm not going deaf or hard of hearing - promise. This is evidently another unit-to-unit variation in manufacturing.....

#9 OFFLINE   BobV

BobV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

I've read this before, however, mine is quiet - on standby or left on all night in the bedroom. My Dtivo that it replaced drove me nuts. Ditto for the HR20 that replaced my HR10 in the living room.

I'm not going deaf or hard of hearing - promise. This is evidently another unit-to-unit variation in manufacturing.....

I agree, My HR20 is quite compared to the HR10.
With the Hr10 it depended what hard drive was inside.(Sometimes it sounded like a
UFO taking off!!):rolling:
What about Bob ?
" baby steps "

#10 OFFLINE   macEarl

macEarl

Godfather

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

I agree, My HR20 is quite compared to the HR10.
With the Hr10 it depended what hard drive was inside.(Sometimes it sounded like a
UFO taking off!!):rolling:

As I'm in New Mexico, I'm qualified to say that you couldn't be more right about that sound! :lol:

spam firewall