Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Funky issue with Music & HR20 (mystery phantom songs)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

I'm using WMP11 on WinXP to stream my music and pictures to my HR20 (with 0x132). I have a simple folder on my laptop called "dropbox". This is the folder I drop my music and pictures in. Currently I only have two songs in this folder. However, when I browse this folder with my HR20 I find four songs. Based upon this I thought perhaps the WMP11 found other songs on my laptop. I did a search (by song title) on my laptop, I could not find those songs. I also searched for "all" music on my laptop. I even searched for the song title "within" files, just incase there was a directory or something containing the mystery song details. I still cannot find the songs on my laptop.

Where is the HR20 pulling the extra two songs? My other computer (iMac) on the network was off. For the life of me I cannot figure out where the extra songs are coming from.

Other details, when I select one of the mystery songs via the HR20 it does not play. It simply skips to the next song (one in my dropbox). Last piece of important detail, the mystery songs were at one time on my laptop. I deleted them several weeks ago. I have done a plethora of RBR since I've deleted the songs. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled WMP11. Somehow the HR20 thinks the deleted songs are still there.

It seems like there's an old registry/directory or something retaining the old song details.

I'm not a computer guru, does it seem like it's a HR20 issue or a WinXP issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jgrade

jgrade

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

Most likely it's a WMP11 issue. Can you see the songs still listed with WMP11? I have had songs that were cataloged with WMP11 and removed manually show up in the song list. WMP11 likes to be to one to delete songs so it is gone from the song list. The interface is atrocious IMHO. WMP11 will list a song as available as soon as you play it from any location not just your default folder. I think you can rescan the available songs and the ones not there "phantom" will be gone. BEWARE, this can and will screw up your albums etc. I did this and had Wingspan spread over 5 different albums for no reason.
A flute without holes, is not a flute. A doughnut without a hole, is a danish.

Samsung HL-S7478W
DirecTV HR20-700
Sony STR-DA3300ES

#3 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

Most likely it's a WMP11 issue. Can you see the songs still listed with WMP11? I have had songs that were cataloged with WMP11 and removed manually show up in the song list. WMP11 likes to be to one to delete songs so it is gone from the song list. The interface is atrocious IMHO. WMP11 will list a song as available as soon as you play it from any location not just your default folder. I think you can rescan the available songs and the ones not there "phantom" will be gone. BEWARE, this can and will screw up your albums etc. I did this and had Wingspan spread over 5 different albums for no reason.

Great points! I'll check it out.

spam firewall