Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

People with HD VIDEO/AUDIO issues, please read.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paulyjsob

paulyjsob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

I had the HR20 installed on the 12th of February with constant local HD issues. Constant video/audio dropouts. My original installation was 3 years ago and this one was a dish/HR20 upgrade. I had directv come out a few days ago to look into the local HD issues. Basically, the service guy replaced all the connectors. He said the previous installer used old wire strippers that smudged alum. into the white foam part which worked OK for the old receiver, but not for HD. Anyway, my signal is perfect now. Just a heads up.
Philips 51PW9363
Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV
Directv HR20
Infinity TSS-1100 Speakers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

My Dish installer used some fancy piece of equipment to properly align the dish. I was very grateful that I did not have to do this part. The cables, on the other hand, were installed end-to-end by me. I made sure that each connection was done properly and haven't had any audio/video dropouts.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall