Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Black recording

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Discotech

Discotech

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

Well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later. I am running the most current global release software (0x12a) on my machine with native ON. My setup has not been changed since I got my HR20 (which was in December), and I finally got my first insta-delete black recording. It was supposed to record Jay Leno in HD like it has done every weekday in the past. I never shut down my HR20, I let it run all day. Is this a sign of things to come? Would a RBR prevent this from happening again soon, or does it not matter?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   67C10

67C10

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

Well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later. I am running the most current global release software (0x12a) on my machine with native ON. My setup has not been changed since I got my HR20 (which was in December), and I finally got my first insta-delete black recording. It was supposed to record Jay Leno in HD like it has done every weekday in the past. I never shut down my HR20, I let it run all day. Is this a sign of things to come? Would a RBR prevent this from happening again soon, or does it not matter?

I'm on my 4th HR20 and mine does this about once a week. RBR will just delet it, atleast on mine it does. Some poeple say thier's work great, but this is my 4th, my father is on his 2nd and my father in-law is on his 2nd and we all have the same reoccurring problems. :nono2:

#3 OFFLINE   dot

dot

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

I just posted an exhaustive description of my problem today, but my HR20 is nothing more than a D* receiver. I can neither watch recorded programs nor pause live TV.

I have many of the black screen insta-delete recordings. The others just sit forever on a black screen with the non-moving timeline and the banner.

dot

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

Leno has been the problem show for me since I got the HR-20. When ever the HR feels like it would record an "unwatchable" recording. The time-line would be there but there was no video. None of the play buttons would do anything. The box wouldn't lockup, it just had no program on the disk to play. If you RBR it will be removed from the play list since there is no actual recording there. Here are two threads I've been working on:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=78655
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=79290

It seems to be software, as I've changed units and it keeps happening at random.
Right now I have two HR-20s setup as "twins". When one misses, the other doesn't. Not the best way, but it does work for me to watch Leno.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

I just posted an exhaustive description of my problem today, but my HR20 is nothing more than a D* receiver. I can neither watch recorded programs nor pause live TV. I have many of the black screen insta-delete recordings. The others just sit forever on a black screen with the non-moving timeline and the banner.
dot

Most of this should "clear" with a red button reset [from under the card access door].
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

I'm on my 4th HR20 and mine does this about once a week. RBR will just delet it, atleast on mine it does. Some poeple say thier's work great, but this is my 4th, my father is on his 2nd and my father in-law is on his 2nd and we all have the same reoccurring problems. :nono2:

See the links in post #4.
I know just what you mean.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

I'm on my 1st HR20. I put it in standby whenever I'm not watching TV. I got it in the beginning of October. I haven't had an insta-delete black recording since November or so.

This is nice to know, but this is helpful... how?
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

It's helpful...how because one of the people making a reply was going on about being on his 4th HR20 and having this problem once a week and his father is on his 2nd HR20 and his father in-law is on his 2nd HR20 and they all have the same recurring problems.:nono2:
I was just letting people know that not everyone has the problem all the time.

You make a good point.
I'm [just] getting tired of when someone posts about their problems, the enviable "mine isn't" posting. Yes, it is good to know that not everyone is having a problem, but when it does seem to be a software issue [causing it], it doesn't always seem helpful [at the time].
Feel free to post...:D
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   Marcia_Brady

Marcia_Brady

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

It's helpful...how because one of the people making a reply was going on about being on his 4th HR20 and having this problem once a week and his father is on his 2nd HR20 and his father in-law is on his 2nd HR20 and they all have the same recurring problems.:nono2:

I was just letting people know that not everyone has the problem all the time.

IMO it's anything but helpful.

#10 OFFLINE   glennb

glennb

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

IMO it's anything but helpful.

You're right Marcia.

I'll try to be more helpful.

I'll post what people seem to want to see -

My gosh darn HR20 does that all the time !! I really hate this thing !!

#11 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:27 AM

see other thread...................................................................................................:)
A.K.A VOS

#12 OFFLINE   Marcia_Brady

Marcia_Brady

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:04 AM

You're right Marcia.

I'll try to be more helpful.

I'll post what people seem to want to see -

My gosh darn HR20 does that all the time !! I really hate this thing !!

Not a problem glennb, thanks for being upfront and honest.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...