Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote control code

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

I can not find a remote code for the vip622 in my tv's manual. My VIP remote can control my tv, but not vice versa. I own a Pioneer 5070. Does anyone know the code, or how I can go about finding it? Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   farleyville

farleyville

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

I can not find a remote code for the vip622 in my tv's manual. My VIP remote can control my tv, but not vice versa. I own a Pioneer 5070. Does anyone know the code, or how I can go about finding it? Thank you.

I much prefer the vip remote to my TV's remote. the only function on the TV remote I use is power, now that it is calibrated... you may try the avs forum and search for a thread on your particular TV... I know my Sony came with remote codes in the manual for Dish Network DVR boxes... It works a few of the functions, up down, change channells, etc.. but none of the DVR functions... so dont expect too much even if you do find a code.

#3 OFFLINE   DP1

DP1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but on my universal remote, code 0775 is what works for the 622.

#4 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but on my universal remote, code 0775 is what works for the 622.

My 5070 manual has 1505, 1005, 0775, 1170, 1775 as the codes for dishnet. This could possibly be a case of user error. :)

Nope, can't get 0775 to work either.

#5 OFFLINE   DP1

DP1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

Hmm thats kind of weird.. it wont even control the basic functions?

One thing you could check is your System Info screen.. 6-1-3. Then look near the bottom of the screen where it says "Rem Addr". That, for the sake of that code working, needs to be set to 1.. which is the default. If it reads something else that code wont work.

#6 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

It says 5, how do I change it to 1? This is very intriguing.

#7 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

While you are looking at the screen that displays the 5, hit the Record button on the remote configured as 0775 and see if the address changes to 1. Or, on the DISH remote that does work, push and hold Sat for 5 seconds (other devices light), push 1, then #, and get three blinks of the Sat light. DISH remote is now address one. Push its Record button while at the Info screen and the remote address should also change to the new address.

TV1 can't be a 1 if you happen to have changed TV2 to be a 1.

#8 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

You guys are geniuses! I'm not worthy. Where in sam hell is an average joe like me supposed to find info like that? TV2 still says 5, that's ok right? Thanks again, that just changed my entire viewing experience. I can now use just one remote.

#9 OFFLINE   farleyville

farleyville

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

The Power of the Internet... im impressed.

#10 OFFLINE   DP1

DP1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

I just assumed all boxes were set to 1 from the factory (because if they werent it would cause this problem much more often when somebody went to use a universal remote) and only got changed if an end user did it for one reason or another. Like if they had 2 boxes in the same room but needed them to respond independently.

So either they dont all come set to 1 or this box is like a refurb where it had been changed by a previous owner.

spam firewall