Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Partial recording

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dreslism

dreslism

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:08 PM

I recorded a show last night that was one of our weekly timers.

If I look in the schedule history, it shows that it recorded from 8:59 PM to 10:03 PM as expected and that it completed on TV2.

In the My recording list, it shows up as 1:04.

When we went to watch the show, the time left that show up in the upper right corner shows 4 minutes only. And the 4 minutes it recorded are the last 4 minutes. i.e. the 9:59 to 10:03, so it has none of the show.

During the 8:59-10:03 I could see the timer 2's record light on, so what the heck happen to the show?

Anyone have any idea?

Anyone else see something like this before?

Thanks,

Scott

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dreslism

dreslism

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

Oh come on. :D No one else has seen anything like this?

Weird thing is it was suppose to record 8:59-10:03 which is 1 hour and 4 minutes.

When we go to watch what is there, as the show starts, it only shows there are 4 minutes left, so it is like 1 hour is gone of the event, and it was the first 1 hour.

Thanks,

Scott

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

Sorry I've not seen this exact issue. I have had a couple instances in the distant past where it will show it's recording but when you go to play it nothing is there. I've never had it actually record just a few minutes. Basically it's been an all or nothing thing for me, and in this last case it's been almost a year since I've seen it. I couldn't tell you what caused it.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#4 OFFLINE   Aliens

Aliens

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:35 AM

Oh come on. :D No one else has seen anything like this?

No, but I think I can top it. I recorded the UNC/Maryland game on CSN this past Sunday, and during playback with 10 minutes left in the game, it started the game over. Only thing is, when I put it on pause to see what happened and where I was on the timer, it was an hour and a half into the timer like it should’ve been; only it started the game from the beginning again at that point. Really strange, and I missed a great ending to the game. Never happened before. It seems to have a mind of its own at times. :)

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

No, but I think I can top it. I recorded the UNC/Maryland game on CSN this past Sunday, and during playback with 10 minutes left in the game, it started the game over. Only thing is, when I put it on pause to see what happened and where I was on the timer, it was an hour and a half into the timer like it should’ve been; only it started the game from the beginning again at that point. Really strange, and I missed a great ending to the game. Never happened before. It seems to have a mind of its own at times. :)

That happened to me on the Sopranos (ch. 118); 40 minutes into the program, it started over. Luckily, I had a duplicate on the A&E HD that was OK. I hadn't seen that before.

#6 OFFLINE   ryan8886

ryan8886

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:24 PM

Found today that the 02-28-07 recording of The Daily Show on Comedy Central started 12 minutes late for some reason. That's never happend before. It's on a timer.
Ryan

JVC AV-56WP74 CRT-RPTV
Dish ViP 722 HD-DVR
Oppo DV-981HD
Logitech Harmony 880
Harman Kardon AVR 330
Emotiva LPA-1 Amplifier
Fronts: Athena AS-F2.2
Center: Athena AS-C1.2
Surround: Athena AS-B1.2
Subwoofer: SVS 25-31PCi

#7 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

I had several timers last night that stopped minutes into the show and they did not record the endings of anything. This has never happened before. I wonder if this is related to the last software update? I also has 2 lost locks on both tuners but there was no bad weather last night.

spam firewall