Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622/TV-2 audio woes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Twodozz

Twodozz

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

I just got Dish with the 622 and I'm having a problem with the TV-2 output. The audio is very low. I have to turn the TV all the way up just to get marginal volume.

And there is an RF buzz that comes and goes. Sometimes the buzz will go away if I touch the TV, and other things seem to affect it as well. The TV is in a room full of other electronic stuff, computers etc. I turned off all the electronics I could and the buzz persisted.

The cable run is approximately 50 feet.

Thanks for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Sounds like a bad cable run or bad connections.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

This sounds like your dish needs to be peeked, not something that is software related. It is the receiver that will lose the lock not the specific TV output. Are you using a single cable from the dish and using the DPP seperator or do you have individual cables input to the two tuners on the 622? If you see problems on only one tuner, check the connections/cable input to that tuner.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

Have the grounds on your system checked, the hum may be from a ground loop.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

Ok... I split the thread since these issues do not seem to be related. Lets try and keep it civil guys.

And :welcome_s TwoDozz
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#6 OFFLINE   Twodozz

Twodozz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:32 PM

The grounding could possibly be the problem with my buzz. Old house, no grounded outlets.

Other than a complete re-wire, I'm not sure what my options are.

I can plug my cable TV into the same input and there are no problems.

I'll check the connectors, but that'll have to wait until I have more time.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome.

spam firewall