Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost Locking Issue, Audio Skipping

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   585960

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have had a pretty flawless experience with my 622 until recently. My TV2 has been losing locks like crazy. Have a 1000+ up, and install is correct. Signal on the 110 - avg. 110, 119 - avg. 110, 118 -avg, 88, and 129 - avg. 105. Video doesn't pixelate, but does garble, audio too, and constitutes as a loss of lock. Sometimes up to 15 a day on tuner 2, while 1 might lose up to 3. Weird. Use the component outs and composite for audio. Also, only have noticed this with the 1000+, in the sys info page, the 118 ALWAYS comes in with a red X, although in the point dish screen, you can see the signal on the meter, and programing is in. Hopefully the 4.01 update fixes this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   585960

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

my dish is peaked. I have more power on most my transponders than I usually get on the installs I do. Yes I am running a seperator, too. Both tuners are getting the same high signals, thats why I think its the receiver. Just started happening in the last week. I installed this setup in Aug. of 06.

#3 OFFLINE   585960

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

It isn't a hum. I saw the list of all the issues for the 622, and forgot to take it with me, 3 pages worth. It isn't pixleization, its more like s skip/hiccup. When it does this, it adds to the lost locks. I never get a searching for sat, or signal lost warning. Its like the hard drive has a glitch, and the more I think about it, it seems to make sense, but why the lost lock? And TV 2 takes the brunt of it.

spam firewall