Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L3.66 woes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   M5Guy

M5Guy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

I've had to reboot my locked up 622 twice already today! Checked software & it is L3.66. Anyone else got 3.66 & having problems? I have never in the 8 mos. of 622 ownership had these issues before.:nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   charlesm

charlesm

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

I've had to reboot my locked up 622 twice already today! Checked software & it is L3.66. Anyone else got 3.66 & having problems? I have never in the 8 mos. of 622 ownership had these issues before.:nono2:

I've been noticing audio dropouts lately. I seem to have 3.66 now too. Don't know
when the 'upgrade' occured (pretty sure it was 3.65 a week ago), but I never had
audio dropouts before.

CMM

#3 OFFLINE   kmcnamara

kmcnamara

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

I've been getting audio stuttering. I noticed it for the first time ever last night on HD recorded events. Jumping back temporarily makes the problem go away but once it starts it keeps happening. I've had my 622 since last summer and this is the first time it's happened. Doesn't seem like L366 should have caused it but it certainly seems that way.

Hopper w/ Sling, Hopper 2000, 1 Joey

#4 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:35 PM

3.66 seems fine to me. I notice no differences b/ it and prior release.

John
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

#5 OFFLINE   onealps

onealps

• Banned User
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'm with in 2 months of having my 622 a year problem free, and now all of a sudden I am having problems as of this last Friday. I don't know if its 3.66 related, or just the receiver or switch but it sure makes me wonder.

The menus act erratic now. Channels take awhile to load from the black screen an then some times they don't load at all.

The dish outside is unobstructed and I seem to have good signal strengths.
I have seen the 004 errors( check switch), run the test once it it says its fine, only later to have the system give me another error. So I run it again and then see errors sometimes on 119, 110, 129.

Are there some other test I can do to figure out what is going on here?

Another question I have is ....When I choose to Reset the system from the Menu to the factory default should that not clear everything out, including the show record timer schedules? If yes, this one dose not.

Spent 3 hours messing around with it yesterday.
Any suggestions, before I schedule a service call to have a tech come to look at it would be appreciated.

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Guys, there's absolutely no difference between 3.66 and 3.65 except for the DST date fix. Everything else is exactly the same.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#7 OFFLINE   charlesm

charlesm

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

Guys, there's absolutely no difference between 3.66 and 3.65 except for the DST date fix. Everything else is exactly the same.

As a programmer myself, I would NOT say this. Anytime you change something, no
matter how seemingly minor, it can affect stuff that is ~seemingly~ imposible to affect. I've had it happen to me and so has every programmer.

That said, I didn't know I had an update untill I went looking to find out why all of a sudden I started getting audio dropouts for the last few days. Maybe its not related,
but the timing is very suspicious.

#8 OFFLINE   nneptune

nneptune

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

I started getting brief audio dropouts during playback of recordings during 3.65
The problem continues with 3.66
It's not too severe...just irritating.

#9 OFFLINE   Rovingbar

Rovingbar

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:57 PM

It seems like every time there is a new SW release, folks have random issues. Maybe there is an issue with the install software, or maybe random errors in the data stream are not recovered properly.

#10 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:38 AM

I think that people would have had these issues with or without the update. It just happens that these issued occurred after L3.66 was released.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#11 OFFLINE   slowmo

slowmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

I've been getting audio stuttering. I noticed it for the first time ever last night on HD recorded events. Jumping back temporarily makes the problem go away but once it starts it keeps happening. I've had my 622 since last summer and this is the first time it's happened. Doesn't seem like L366 should have caused it but it certainly seems that way.

Me too.

#12 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

Almost any change to software can have unintended consequences. I am not having problems with this version but it it is not inconceivable that others are.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#13 OFFLINE   JDGJr

JDGJr

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

I've been having what i would call audio drop-outs for the past 3 months on 3.65 - the audio would <something> enough that my receiver would try to react. This had not changed with 3.66 when i watched live/recorded shows on Fri and Sat, but last night i noticed that i now get a less severe audio 'hickup', seemingly like a slit-second pause or skip in the audio. I don't know if this is an improvement of the original problem, or an added wrinkle.

#14 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

I have audio drop outs too now on my ABC DIsh local hd channel and I noticed on Sci Fi channel during Battlestar Galactica it was dropping out . The only way to get around it is to put the receiver on PCM instead of dolby digital/pcm.

#15 OFFLINE   M5Guy

M5Guy

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

It's been two days since I had the two lockups & so far so good.... maybe it was coincidental? One of the two times it locked up, I was uploading some video up to my daughter's Pocketdish. But, I have done this many times before w/o issues. Has the Pocketdish got something to do with it?

#16 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hard to say M5Guy.. One thing I have noticed based on being a Dish Customer that sometimes after a download it takes a few reboots before things run smooth again. I have not scientific proof of this fact, but from time to time this has felt to be the case...

Well lets see how this one goes and everyone keep an eye on their timers after we leap ahead.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#17 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:52 AM

One thing living through the “good old days” with the 921 taught me – No matter how minor the update, if a new version comes down, I ALWAYS do a full power-cord reboot on everything in the entire DBS system, including the power injector for the DPP44 – It’s a procedure that has served me well over the years. BTW: L3.66 is working fine on both of my 622s.

John

Two ViP622s - DPP-44 - Three Dish500s: #1 (110°/119° - Twin), #2 (61.5° - Dual), #3 (129° - Dual)

spam firewall