Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need some help with "Format"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Hello all,
I just got my VIP622 the other day and I am trying to use the Format on the remote for TV#2 and it does not work.

I tried remote TV#1 and it works!

So my question with people that have the 622 hooked up to another TV does your #2 remote for format work? And if it does do you need to do anything other then push the botton?

Thank you for your help

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,938 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

The TV2 format is limited.
When watching a SD channel you get "full screen" 4:3 (and no other option).
When watching an HD channel you get to choose between letterbox (16:9 with black bars top and bottom making it 4:3) or zoom (4:3 cropping the sides off of the 16:9 image).
There is no anamorphic style stretch that allows you to view 16:9 without the letterbox effect.

TV1 on a 622 shares the stretch modes with the HD outputs. A full range of stretches and zooms are available.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:12 PM

Thank you James! I thank you again. I thought I was going nuts. Trying to understand the 622 will take a few days.

#4 OFFLINE   kspeters

kspeters

Mentor/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:50 AM

I'm seeing black bars on the sides of the picture. Is there a setting to at least fill the screen side to side?

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,938 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Hit the "*" key on the remote to stretch the picture. Each press of the "*" key cycles to the next format. Press it untill you find one you like!
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...