Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BJK

BJK

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:45 AM

DHPP can also cover receivers that you own, which are otherwise out of warranty... so folks with older owned receivers can benefit.

What is and isn't covered on leased receivers has always been sketchy.

I know DHA (or DHPP) warranty covers shipping and provides some free or reduced cost service calls that otherwise cost you money. I had a 501 replaced last year, for instance, and they just shipped me a new (refurb) one free and a return tag to send the broken one back. If I had not been on that plan, it would have cost me to ship the unit back.

Unless you have credit card auto pay.
1 ViP622
1 VIP612
Mitsubishi 62" WD-62628 DLP 1080P
Onkyo TX-NR905 AV Receiver
ORB Audio 7.1 channel setup
Dish 1000.2
Dish Network since '98

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   offline

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

I ended up purchasing it when one of my neighbor's trees grew sufficiently to cut off the signal, meaning I either had to ask them to top their tree (can't do that) or relocate my dish.

I opted for the latter.

Since I live in an area where this kind of thing is likely to happen again, it was worth the money.

spam firewall