Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Adding DVD recorder...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dickn

Dickn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 09:48 PM

Need help in adding a Phillips DVD recorder, 985 to existing system.

1. Using 6000 with two HDTV modules, for off air and Discovery etc... 5 Disc Yamaha DVD/CD player. Harmon Kardon AVR 7000 for controls. C7 Energy speakers for sides. C300 Cambridge for center. JBL P12 for sub. RCA 38" HDTV as monitor.

2. Want to add/replace the DVD player with a Phillips 985 DVD recorder. Wiring is becoming a mess. I can see that there is a cable going to a splitter(?), that feeds the 6000 and the HK 7000 I think. There is a four way splitter (?) from the "out" of the 6000. it has the one cable "In" and two cables going "Out" to the TV and (?). There is room for two additional outputs from the cable splitter(?). These are simple coaxial cables though.

Q: With that in mind, if it makes any sense so far, could I cable from the second splitter device to the Phillips "In", and then "Out" of the Phillips to a DVD input on the HK7000?

Just trying to add a DVD recorder vs VCR which is a dying pest.

Thanks
Dickn

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 02:39 PM

The 6000 does not have an RF output, can you be more clear in your description?
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#3 OFFLINE   Dickn

Dickn

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 02:31 PM

Not sure I understand what is needed here. Talk about neophyte.

Ok, got the thing plugged in. Using an S Video out to AVR, works great for viewing DVD's.

now I need to find out how to push 150 channels into the thing for recording purposes. I think you are telling me that it can't be done? But isn't there something somewhere that could take the signal from the D6000 and ship those channels to the DVD recorder, and then on to the monitor via the svideo out that is in place? Need help alot as you can tell.

I gotta sinking feeling here, that I am going to have to hire a pro and pay for the wiring. Whatever it takes though. this thing has got to work someway or another.

Thanks for the note.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...