Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Worried about 622

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

Actually the USB port is used for PocketDish and will be used for External USB Drive Support.

As for downloading files off your DVR to a PC. Due to copyright issues, I doubt you will see this being offered by Dish in the near future.

As for #3. I removed it because of the no bash rule in the support forums. ;)
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rustamust

rustamust

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

I received my first 622 on 5 Feb. and it worked flawless until 7 Mar. when turned on in AM and pressed guide which only showed about 1/3 of screen and froze up. I did a front panel reboot and it never came on so power cord reboot with same result 3 times. Called Dish and had replacement 9 Mar. took less than 20 mins. to activate and not a single problem since then, no dropouts, no missed or lost timers and I love it. The 211 I have is 14 months old and was only rebooted for audio sync about once a month and still going strong. Both are wired with component and optical, PQ both HD & SD is great.

#23 OFFLINE   steveT

steveT

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:10 AM

SteveT...

As a test.. Check out HDNet and DiscoveryHD. If you are getting 5 to 10 issues an hour I would think something is wrong. On those channels I rarely see a glitch.

I did record an hour of HDNet on Monday night, and watched it last night. It exhibited the same major audio dropouts that the local CBS does. Audio goes away completely for a minute or so, during which all you hear is the occasional "bloop". Did that twice in an hour, and the video broke up 4 times in the hour. Forgot to check levels though, which I'll do before replacing it.

So I called Dish about getting the replacement; it took awhile, because now they told me they were aware of the Dallas local problems (last few times they told me they weren't, so maybe enough people have finally complained). No timeframe on resolution. They finally agreed to replace my receiver; 3-5 business days before it gets here, which was surprising. Seems like most people get them in 1-2 days.

#24 OFFLINE   JAMES877

JAMES877

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

I switch to dish network from time warner cable last week. I am also a former dtv sub(sd only). I can honestly say that the picture quality with the 622 both hd and sd r superior to both twc and dtv. I have a Sony grand wega Kdf-42we655.

#25 OFFLINE   ScottsFJ40

ScottsFJ40

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

I have also recently switched to Dish. We had Cox for our cable company. The picture quality of both SD and HD are far superior to what Cox provided. As for the 622, it has been working perfectly for just over 1 month now. It is also a far better DVR than the SA 8300 we had with the cable company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...