Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars EP II DVD Comments

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 03:01 PM

Just picked mine up today and took a quick look. Wow! The picture quality is amazing but what really struck me the most was that much of the movie has a bit rate of about 5 and it still looks great! DVD authoring is getting better all the time. Also, be careful not to have your sub turned up too loud. I almost blew mine out after the first explosion. There is a LOT of bass in this movie.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   geneb11

geneb11

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 04:35 PM

Just picked up mine today. I can't wait to check it out. I have a 200 watt SW-15 audiosource subwoofer and it can handle just about any bass you can throw at her. Can't wait to see Yoda in action.:)

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 04:39 PM

After finally seing Ep 2 last night and knowing Ep 4 like the back of my hand, I could easily see whats going to happen in the next edition. :)

BTW My house was rocking watching this, a lot of sub woofer action. :)

#4 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 04:11 PM

Yup, good looking picture and even the ship at the start has a low rumble to it. Lot's of nice special features too.

#5 OFFLINE   toddjb

toddjb

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:15 AM

sweeeeeeeeeeet! ....i got it for Christmas and havent' watched it yet! You just made up my mind between renting Goldmember and watching Ep2. :)
-todd :flag:

#6 OFFLINE   toddjb

toddjb

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 01:41 PM

Wow...watched it last night. Incredible sound. Its really refreshing when a movie actually has a full rear track. Most times you only get a few token sound effects back there. Ep2 has plenty of loud sound coming from my rear speakers. :D

-todd

#7 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 12:32 PM

Originally posted by toddjb
sweeeeeeeeeeet! ....i got it for Christmas and havent' watched it yet! You just made up my mind between renting Goldmember and watching Ep2. :)

Just watch Ep2 again and don't bother renting Goldmember. My son got it for Christmas and while we haven't had a chance to watch my copy of Ep 2 yet there's gotta be more laughs in it than in Goldmember. Not an original joke in it. By actual stopwatch it contains a total of 23 second of laughter in the entire movie. And that was timing my 14 year old son. You made the right choice.

#8 OFFLINE   toddjb

toddjb

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 05:49 PM

yeah...i laughed for Goldmember, but it wasn't the best of the 3 and I enjoyed Ep2 MUCH more and it was my 2nd time watching it!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...