Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.01 For Thursday?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

well i'm trying to avoid the issue where it downloads, then locks up the box for a day or two while I can't get back to it. I'd prefer to trigger a download and be able to monitor it while it's happening rather than having to set my alarm for 3 am every morning until it arrives.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   tammyandlee

tammyandlee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hopefully this is not the same 4.01 that was delayed because of an issue found in testing :)

#23 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Well since no one knows exactly when it releases and who will be targeted, it will be hard to do what you are trying to do. My suggestion is once you see reports here of people getting it do the procedure I indicated and you should see a download dialog shortly after you place the unit in standby.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#24 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

Hopefully this is not the same 4.01 that was delayed because of an issue found in testing :)

Who said L4.01 was delayed because of an issue found in testing? I dont' recall a reason being given for L4.01 being delay. Just that it was delayed and given it has been a few weeks, I would guess the code base has changed since then.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#25 OFFLINE   FaxMan

FaxMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

Wouldn't you know it... We're heading on vacation for a week starting Saturday. Fingers crossed for a clean install and re-boot if/when it occurs. :rolleyes:

#26 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

maybe the auto-tune-timer trick will save you some headache?

#27 OFFLINE   rbonzer

rbonzer

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Wouldn't you know it... We're heading on vacation for a week starting Saturday. Fingers crossed for a clean install and re-boot if/when it occurs. :rolleyes:

If I was you, I'd turn off auto update. Last thing I'd want would be a stuck DVR when you get back from vacation, and all your shows didn't record.

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,584 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

Disabling auto update is not available on the 622s at this time.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#29 OFFLINE   diospyros

diospyros

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

That's awesome. Its at least in my top 1111 of all time.

Ummm, isn't 1111 the 100th network?

#30 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

Ummm, isn't 1111 the 100th network?

Last I checked, 1111=15

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#31 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:00 AM

When does Dish usually spool their software? I seem to remember it happening in the early morning hours. Did they cancel the release? Any thoughts.
EAGLES

#32 OFFLINE   jcord51

jcord51

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

It's Thursday.....Nada!

#33 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:01 AM

I thought it was always very late in the day of release, like in the early hours of the following day (i.e. Friday) when I received them in the past.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#34 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:09 AM

I waited for this release for months. Got sick of audio breakups and no HDMI. I just sent my 2 back and went over to the dark side. D* forever. Too late Dish!

#35 OFFLINE   DAG

DAG

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

When my "wake-up" auto timer didn't fire this morning, I thought that it was because I had gotten the new update. This has screwed my auto tune timers in the past. But, when I pressed select, all I had was the warning screen offering the sole option of deleting everything on my hard drive. Naturally, since I read DBStalk often, I knew that this was not going to happen in reality, so I did the only option available and hit select. It rebooted with the 3.66 firmware, no recorded shows lost that I can see.

Glad to see that things have not changed, DISH. :nono2:

What must the usual 622 owner think when they are presented with that warning screen and just one option of deleteing everything???? :eek2:
Model 622, replaced once by DISH in Feb., 2006

Software L635
Dual mode

OTAs via large antenna in attic
Panasonic 42" plasma industrial grade monitor
Component video via Audio Authority AA1154A component switcher
Toslink switched/converted to coax via AA1554A
Bose Lifestyle 20 using coax digital audio

#36 OFFLINE   Hall

Hall

Icon

• Registered
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:16 AM

Who said L4.01 was delayed because of an issue found in testing? I dont' recall a reason being given for L4.01 being delay.

There's been various reasons thrown around and it depends on who you believe (or maybe they're all right). Mark Lamutt implied something related to closed-captioning that may have been to blame. Scott G said they held it in order to finalize things so that "Weather on the 8's" would work first on the 622s.

#37 OFFLINE   Hall

Hall

Icon

• Registered
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:18 AM

I'd prefer to trigger a download and be able to monitor it while it's happening rather than having to set my alarm for 3 am every morning until it arrives.

I'm curious what you think you can do that will "help" it download and update properly. What are you going to "monitor" ?? The progress bar ??

#38 OFFLINE   mchaney

mchaney

Godfather

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

So what's the consensus now? Has Dish changed their web page? Is 4.01 on hold for now or might we get it tonight?

Mike

#39 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

I waited for this release for months. Got sick of audio breakups and no HDMI. I just sent my 2 back and went over to the dark side. D* forever. Too late Dish!

And as it relates to this thread, your point is what?
EAGLES

#40 OFFLINE   whatchel1

whatchel1

Hall Of Fame

• No PM's
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

He just likes to come on here and run an ad for D*. Now he can cry in both E* & D* forums.

spam firewall