Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FF problem with RSN recording persists...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:56 AM

I watched another recording of a game from my RSN-Alt (Spurs-Bucks game) last night and the trend continues, every time I watch a recording from an RSN-Alt I get this problem where FF doesn't work.

While playing the program, I hit FF. The ">>4X" graphic pops up and the picture gets blurred and distorted, moreso the longer I let it think it's fast forwarding. When I press Play again, it starts playing from some time a few seconds before I hit the FF.

So for example, let's say there's a whistle for a foul and as usual, I try and FF at 4x thru the free throws. So I hear the whistle, hit FF, then when I realize that it's not working (I cannot view the fast-free-throws, instead the picture just gets distorted and screwy), I press Play and I see the drive to the basket before the whistle, then the whistle, and then I'm back to where I started.

Happens every time, without fail.

Also when playing back these games, if I press pause, when I resume it starts some time a few seconds before I pressed pause.

My current workaround for the FF bug is to hit skip-forward and then skip-back to try and jump ahead less than 30 seconds.

The FF works fine for HD games. I only get either RSN games or HD games to try.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pbrown

pbrown

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

There is this thread that I started a few months ago

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=69376

I have noticed that when I record an ALT channel the problem happens just about every time. If I record a regular FSN channel, the problem only happens when I am recording another show on the other buffer. IMHO, It definitely is an RSN only problem (and possibly an FSN only problem).
pbrown
Now I have D*!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...