Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP622 cannot find 119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

My original 622 had audio dropouts, so I recently replaced it with a new 622 receiver. This one seems fine as far as sound goes, but when I do the switch test it has been unable to access the 119 satellite. This is no real problem, or so I thought, since I only watch HD channels. BUT - I just tried to bring up Sirius Radio and could not because the station I wanted is on 119. Is there an easy fix for this or should I be contacting Dish CS (and hope I get someone knowledgeable)?

FWIW, my original 622 had no problems with 119 . . .

Thanks, Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn

Icon

• Registered
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

Is that the only receiver in your home?
Hiighly unlikely the receiver is at fault here.
What is your Dish Configuration?

#3 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

Is that the only receiver in your home?
Hiighly unlikely the receiver is at fault here.
What is your Dish Configuration?

Yes, this is the only receiver. As for the configuration . . . are you asking for every parameter I've set? I hope not! Name a few and I'll let you know the settings.

#4 OFFLINE   ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn

Icon

• Registered
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:30 PM

It's an LNB problem on the dish.
What Dish are you using?
D1000?
2 Dish 500's?
D1000.2?
Any switches or seperators?

#5 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

If you have a single dish config, you should be getting 119 before any of the others. Somethin' ain't right. My 622 'burped' the first few times I did the test switch. Have you tried doing the test switch again to see what you get? If that doesn't help, try rearranging the connections between the LNBs and the switch. If you have lost reception from another satellite at that point, then you have a bad switch. If you still can't see 119, then you most likely have a bad LNB.

#6 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

I just got off the phone with Dish advanced technical support and after detailing all I had done was told that the problem was a defective 622. This makes sense since the check switch worked fine with the old 622 but quit with the new one. After I get the new 622 set up, I'll check in here and let you know if the problem was solved.

Two odd things I noticed while performing multiple check switch runs:

- With version 3.66 of the software my satellite options are 300, 500, and Superdish. With the version 3.65 I also had 1000 which matches my dish exactly. Why is 1000 no longer offered as a menu item?

- Even though 119 is identified as a bad satellite, when I scroll through the transponders, I see that some of the odd number transponders are showing strong signals. The remaining odd and all even transponders have no signal . . . weird!

#7 OFFLINE   ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn

Icon

• Registered
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:01 AM

Still sounds like a bad LNB to me but time will tell.

#8 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

If your using a seperator for the two dish inputs, make sure the're not reversed. The seperator has markings for input 1 and 2.

#9 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

If your using a seperator for the two dish inputs, make sure the're not reversed. The seperator has markings for input 1 and 2.

I had double checked before starting this thread . . . splitter output 1 was connected to input 1 and 2 was connected to 2, just as it was on the last 622. So for the heck of it, I just reversed the two leads (2 to 1, 1 to 2), ran another check switch, and now everything is working properly again!! :confused:

This one is too weird for me, does anyone know what is going on with my system?

#10 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,946 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

Still sounds like a bad LNB to me but time will tell.

Possibly a weak power output from the receiver to the DP Twin that isn't enough to switch to the 119 LNB.

The key is to keep after it until it is solved so that you don't have to pay for a service call.

#11 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,946 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

I had double checked before starting this thread . . . splitter output 1 was connected to input 1 and 2 was connected to 2, just as it was on the last 622.

The term is "separator" as redbird suggests, not "splitter".

#12 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

Possibly a weak power output from the receiver to the DP Twin that isn't enough to switch to the 119 LNB.

The key is to keep after it until it is solved so that you don't have to pay for a service call.

I've had the 622 for less than 90 days, so hopefully it is covered by a service warranty.

I did try to cancel the order for the new 622 but was too late. So when it arrives, my intention is to install it with the separator set up properly, if this does not work, then I will try the spare separator that came with this 622. Eventually we'll solve the problem, and I will keep after Dish CS until things are working right.

#13 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

...as far as the weird even/odd transponder signal strengths. I've seen that before and it was bad cable. I'm sure you've heard the, "only use RG-6" blah blah which is true. Even a small section of 59 cable will cause this.

If you have a bad/rusty end connection, you might have temporarily corrected it when you disconnected/reconnected.

If you get the new 622 and still have problems, go out and get a crimp tool and some outdoor RG-6 ends. Try putting on some new ends... Hey, it would be cheaper than a service call and plus you would have more tools. (ARR ARR!) :)

#14 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,946 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

I've had the 622 for less than 90 days, so hopefully it is covered by a service warranty.

The installation warranty is much shorter than the receiver warranty. Depending on who you talk to, it varies from two weeks to a month.

I believe that if you're under 90 days, you're covered by the DHPP which will pay for most of a house call if it turns out to be the LNB.

#15 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,946 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hey, it would be cheaper than a service call and plus you would have more tools. (ARR ARR!) :)

To that end, I was at Lowes last night and they are offering a Philips brand swage crimper for under $13. It is similar in design but smaller than the Datashark and bears an eerie resemblance to the low-budget Ideal swage crimper.

#16 OFFLINE   ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn

Icon

• Registered
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

I have seen those seperators act up plenty of times but ushally one tuner looses everything. So this one is a head scratcher but who knows not being there with my eyes on it.

#17 OFFLINE   bobr

bobr

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:28 AM

I had the same problem. The seperator was reversed. I could not get 119 on one tuner all 4 sats were ok on the other tuner.

#18 OFFLINE   Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

I said I'd report back when the new 622 was received and setup, so here goes.

The 622 arrived late yesterday (3/21), this morning I set it up and had it activated. Everything worked perfectly - I used the original separator and did not have to reverse the sat inputs. So the problem that prompted me to start this thread was a problem in the 622 only . . . go figure.

After running the check switch, I clicked on the "Details" block in the lower left corner of the screen and had the following "error" shown in red for both satellite inputs:

Satellite 1:
T[0] Invalid DishPro Switch detected, Code 15,A1

Satellite 2:
Exactly the same, excepting "T[1]" instead of T[0].

I have no idea what these 2 notations mean, or if they are really errors at all since everything works perfectly. Does anyone know what these messages mean?

Thanks, Bill

Protected By... spam firewall...And...