Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hard Drive Corrupt/VOD message question...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

Started a new thread so this doesn't get lost in case it is significant... Just curious about something. I have had my ViP622 since mid-November and have never seen the "going to delete recordings" message associated with the VOD stuff.

I always turn my receiver off every night, and it is usually off 6-10 hours or more before I turn on again after it gets its nightly updates.

I have seen VOD come and go when looking at the list... but never watched anything. Not the pay-for-VOD nor the freebies in the TV section.

So... that made me curious... How many of the folks seeing the corruption message have watched some or at least one VOD program? I'm wondering if there is a relation between the error and actually watching the VOD, vs in my case not seeing that error ever but never using VOD either.

Just in case it matters and helps Dish track down the bug, I thought I'd start the thread and see.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hall

Hall

Icon

• Registered
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

I'm 100% confident that watching or not watching the programs has no bearing on them getting corrupted. They are likely corrupted during the download itself.

We've watched a few things here and there from the free stuff. We've never gotten the error message.

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:50 PM

I have gotten the message on both boxes. I am watched DOD on one but not the other. Don't think there is any correlation. However, It does seem to come in waves.. that I am pretty sure on.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall