Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installer left it in dual mode can't find recordings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

The installer left the receiver in dual mode with record plus enabled on TV 2, this 622 is hooked up to 1 TV with component cables.

We sent some stuff to record last night and it choose TV2. We also set a second program to record at the same time as and it chose TV1. well when TV2 said it was recording I didn't see a red light on the receiver. When TV1 started to record the red light showed up on TV1. This morning when I woke up and went to the DVR it's only showing the events recorded on TV1, but when you go to timers it says "done" next to all the recorded stuff on TV2.

This is confusing.

Shouldn't it be in single mode?
Did I loose those recordings somehow?
I thought by reading the FAQs and stuff beforehand I would know how to work this thing but I was wrong lol.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobr

bobr

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:39 AM

The first event did not trigger. You can get to all recordings from eather TV.

#3 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:47 AM

The mode you are in has nothing to do with where the recordings are located. You can get to all recordings all the time.

#4 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

Ok so for some reason I guess they didn't record, even though the DVR said they did.

I switched it to single mode and did some test recordings and it is recording 2 shows at once or one while I watch live and they all show in the "my recordings section". I rebooted the box this morning so I guess it's working now how it's supposed to.

#5 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

Sounds like it.. I have read a thread like this a while back. My guess is things got confused during the install. Yes it should be in single mode based on how you describe the install.

I would monitor it. Remember.. DVR three times brings up your history and might be useful to see if there was any reason given why those original timers did not result in recorded events.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#6 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

Thanks,

It's been recording fine all day and night Sunday and this morning. When I check the the DVR history the first 2 recordings I tried said "Done" next to them but they weren't there.

Also as a odd note, it showed 2 recorded events in the history before I even started recording, they were something like "Using your DVR" and some other program. I'm not in front of it right now, but they weren't recorded either.

Oh, well as long as it's working fine now that what I care about the most.

One question, in the timer list it shows timers that were deleted and skipped is there anyway to delete that history so it's not cluttering up or do they drop off after a while.

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

No why to clear that list.. it actually is used from my understanding previously recorded shows and yes it automatically drops off after a while. Not sure the duration.. Never checked but it is all handle automatically.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall