Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Code 15, A2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:57 AM

Can someone tell me what this Code 15, A2 means? It is on both transponders in red.

I seem to lose signal from time to time also.

Thanks again

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

What screen and what do you mean by both transponders? Picture might be useful.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

After doing check switch, there is a tab that says details. When I click on that it say:

Satelite input 1
T[0] Invalid DishPro Switch Detected, Code 15, A2

Satelite Input 2
T[1] Invalid DishPro Switch Detected, Code 15, A2

This is showing in red and I am using the VIP622

I talked with a Dish installer and was told that my LNB's are going or are bad and I would need new ones. I just wanted to see if anyone knows what Code 15, A2 means.

Thank you again for any help

#4 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Can anyone tell me the meaning of these codes?

#5 OFFLINE   gnm313

gnm313

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

Which switch and LNB are you using? Perhaps we can help you that way.

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

I have no idea.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#7 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

The only thing I can tell you is:

I have two dish 500. One for HD and the other for SD. I don't remember having any switch installed (Why I was asking) I have the VIP-622 hooked up to my Sony 70-XBR2 #1 TV, and my Sony 32" in the back room #2 TV.

I have the dish guy coming today and will let you all know what I find out.

#8 OFFLINE   SamSony

SamSony

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

:mad: I had the same problem this morning, but my error was T(1) invalid DishPro Switch detected, Code 15, A1. I had went to dish pointing menu to check the signal on the 129 LNB, I had lost most of the HD Channels in my guide. I had no 129 LNB detected, the 110 and 119 LNB's looked fine. I checked all connections and everthing was fine. I did about ten switch checks during the next three hours with the same results. I waited about 2 more hours and tried again and the 129 LNB had a strong signal again and my HD channels were back. :confused:

#9 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

OK, this is what the tech. said.

When the dish was installed the first tech did a so so install. My signal on the 61.5 dish was 33 to 36. But, the new tech fixed it and I am getting 100 to 106. He said its was just a bad alignment and that LNB's are good.

About the code he did not know either (of which I thought was strange) but, it all good now.

Oh, I guess the bad thing is that the tech that did the first up-grade is going to be charged back $40.00 I feel bad about that but it is what Dish does and its out of my hands.

Thank you for your help, and if anyone does find out what this code 15, A2 let us and me know.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...