Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

So, what's in your HT?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   nsafreak

nsafreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

Old thread but what the heck, here's mine:

TV - Samsung 27" (TXN2726)
A/V Receiver - Harman Kardon AVR-230
Audio - Sharp MD-R3 3 CD changer/MiniDisc deck
DVD - Samsung 5 disc DVD changer
Receiver - DishDVR 510
Game systems - XBox, PS2 & GameCube
Speakers - Sony fronts, Cerwin Vega center, KLH surrounds & center rear, Paradigm PDR-10 subwoofer. Aside from the Paradigm subwoofer they'll all probably be replaced in a few months with Nohr speakers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:40 PM

My system consists of an AMC AV-81HT Pro-Logic decoder/preamp.
Power is through 2 AMC 2445 4x45 Watt power amplifiers bridged to 90W across the front and 45W ea. to the rears.
All above about to be replaced with a new receiver of some kind.

Sources:
JVC D-VHS Dish receiver.
Denon AM-FM Tuner
Toshiba DVD Player (one of their first models)
Teac VHS Hi-Fi VCR (ancient as the hills, but a high end model at the time)
Revox B77 quarter track stereo Reel to Reel
Kenwood KD-500 Turntable w/Infinity Black Widow tone arm and AKG X8E cartridge.
Dell Computer with about 1800 MP3's feeding through an X-10 "Big Picture" wireless audio/Computer transmitter/receiver wired into channel "000" on the JVC D-VHS.

Additional occasional sources include:
Tascam 42B Half Track Stereo reel to reel
Teac A3300SX quarter track reel to reel
Technics portable cd player

Signal Processing (greatly enhances Dish audio):
DBX 3BX Series Two 3 band dynamic range expander
DBX 120XP Subharmonic Synthesizer (generates bass frequencies one octave below incoming signals).

UPDATE TIME...
The AMC equipment has been replaced with an HK AVR-7200 receiver (very nice). The Toshiba 35" television has been supplimented with an InFocus X-1 ceiling mounted video projector and an 80" screen. The Denon tuner is no longer needed since the HK has a tuner stage. The Revox died and has been replaced in my rack by the Teac 3300. The JVC D-VHS has been replaced by a Dish Network 508 DVR. The Teac VHS HiFi VCR has died and has not yet been replaced (although I am using the D-VHS as my vcr now). I have added a DVD recorder to a new computer for recording. The rest is about the same, although I haven't hooked in the signal processors yet.
Speakers (which I left out of my original list):
Front - JBL 4430L/R Studio Monitors
Surround - Monitor Audio Studio 6
Center - RBH
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...