Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 OTA Overload/Multipath Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

Anytime I go into the locals menu and add or rescan or anything related to the locals menu, I get a black screen on any ota station and then I have to reboot or it will reboot itself. It is definately software related and it needs to be fixed. THis has happened everytime I go into this menu for over a year now.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   dak0ta11

dak0ta11

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:45 AM

I am experiencing the same issue. I went in and re-scanned my locals yesterday. Box slowly died, then rebooted. It only happens when I "play" around with my ota channels.

#28 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Hope E* is listening because it definitely sounds like some kind of bug.

#29 OFFLINE   David_Levin

David_Levin

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

I have some long cable runs and splits, so was using a powered splitter from Radio Shack. It made the signal worse.

I then tried an amplifier with a switchable FM Trap. One channel (UHF 19) woud not lock unless the FM trap was enabled. With this configuration the amp brought up the signal strength 5-10 points.
Bye Bye 921
Now playing with 2x 622s.

#30 OFFLINE   RandallA

RandallA

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:10 AM

I have some long cable runs and splits, so was using a powered splitter from Radio Shack. It made the signal worse.

I then tried an amplifier with a switchable FM Trap. One channel (UHF 19) woud not lock unless the FM trap was enabled. With this configuration the amp brought up the signal strength 5-10 points.

I deleted it a couple of sub-channels and a few seconds later all I got was a black screen. I had to reboot the receiver to get the picture back. Definitely something wrong with the software.

#31 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

This was reported months ago. E* is aware the OTA screen can cause a re-boot. I expect it is already addressed in the up comming software release. But, as we hear so often, we'll just have to wait and see.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#32 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

I would be surprised of the OTA-channel-scan-crash is related to the reception problems we are talking about here.

One thing is very clear: OTA is not the priority feature of the 622. When you buy a TV with an ATSC tuner in it, OTA is indeed the priority.

It's kind of like people saying, hey when I try to take that corner at 60mph in my mini-van, it slides off the road and crashes. But when I try it with my Ferrari, it holds on just fine. What's wrong with the mini-van?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...