Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channel 9900

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   genegraham

genegraham

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:03 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Dish and the 622, and was wondering if anybody could tell me why my system seems to turn on tuned to channel 9900 (What's On Dish 500?). Aside from the fact that I detest smooth jazz, I find it kind of annoying.

Is there something wrong with my setup that might cause this?

Thanks!
Gene

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

The 622 (or, at least, mine) turns on tuned to the last channel it was on. That isn't necessarily the last one you left it on, if it switched channels to make a recording.

Do you control your 622 with a non-622 programmable remote? If so, be sure it isn't sending a change-channel as part of turnon.

Do you completely shut down the 622? Not standby, but turning off the power externally? If so, I don't know what the startup channel is, could be 9900. BTW, if you do this, don't. You'll miss nightly updates unless the 622 is in standby with the power connected.

That's about all I can think of, unless you have a dog and it likes bad Jazz.:)

My avatar says it all.

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

I believe that is the default channel for a new install/activation and it may default to that channel after a hard reboot? Also, I think it will default to that channel if the previous channel you were on is no longer available. Other than that it should default to the last channel you were on. Even if you do a front panel reboot it remembers the channel you were on and goes back to it after the reboot.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

Now _that's_ funny!

#5 OFFLINE   genegraham

genegraham

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

I do have a dog. While I can't speak for her feelings about Kenny G, I have seen her sniffing around the new remote!

Thanks for the help!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...