Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Picture not centered on HDMI output

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zarom

Zarom

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

I've noticed that my picture is not centered on my HD34 dish monitor with my Vip622 PVR using HDMI output. It's shifted noticeably to the left. The left bar is 1/2 the width of the right bar. The channel numbers in the guide are off the left side as well. Using the Cmp input, it's perfectly centered. My 921 had an adjustment for shifting the picture under preferences, but I can't find it on the 622. Is there an adjustment?

If I adjust the TV, it will be shifted off center when I use DVD or other inputs besides the PVR.

Just got the 622 yesterday and have been reading posts, but can't find one for this specific problem.

Thanks,

Mike

Vip622 L366
Installation Date 3-18-07

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

I don't believe there is a way to adjust it on the 622. I had to adjust the position on my tv.

#3 OFFLINE   sorahl

sorahl

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

have you tried changing cables, or disconnecting and reconnecting them? It sounds similar to an HDMI handshaking issue.
DirecTV HR21-100
DirecTV HR20-700 x2
DirecTV Tivo (Hughes SD40) 35 hrs (disconnected)
DirecTV Tivo (DirecTV R10) 70 hrs
DirecTV Tivo (Samsung SIR40) 35 hrs (disconnected)
XM SkyFi (disco'd) XM SkyFi2, BoomBox, PCR, Honda Unit, RoadyXT

#4 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 551 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Some TVs allow different settings for each input. It's possible that you will have to use your TV setup to center the HDMI input, where it might already be centered for the Component input.

Pat

#5 OFFLINE   Zarom

Zarom

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

I've not done that. Dish install used an HDMI to DVI adapter which is what the Dish HD34 monitor uses. That adapter only has the DVI part in it, so I've lost the audio part and have to use the single audio out for the monitor. Tried it. I've disconnected and reconnected. No effect.

have you tried changing cables, or disconnecting and reconnecting them? It sounds similar to an HDMI handshaking issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...