Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ever since I connected my Wii...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ITrot

ITrot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

...I cannot get the netowrking to work on the HR20. The wii has a wireless card that is connecting to my linksys router just like my laptop. The HR is connected via linksys gaming bridge to the router. I cannot get both to network at the same time... I can usually fall bass ackwards into getting things to work but I am by no means an expert at this stuff.

The wii is no problem to connect but for the life of me I cannot get the HR20 to connect... I guess I really am not sure what addresses to put in to work.... any help would be appreciated.

I am running the latest CE version, 0x13e.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mikeny

mikeny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

...I cannot get the netowrking to work on the HR20. The wii has a wireless card that is connecting to my linksys router just like my laptop. The HR is connected via linksys gaming bridge to the router. I cannot get both to network at the same time... I can usually fall bass ackwards into getting things to work but I am by no means an expert at this stuff.

The wii is no problem to connect but for the life of me I cannot get the HR20 to connect... I guess I really am not sure what addresses to put in to work.... any help would be appreciated.

I am running the latest CE version, 0x13e.

I have a Wii and haven't had problems. (wireless Wii/wired HR20) Have you gone into your router's configuration and assigned/reserved static IP addresses for each? Maybe the Wii is taking the HR20's IP address when it connects. Once you reserve the addresses make sure you manually confirm that the address matches that which you have reserved for HR20. (and the wii for that matter..from the wii's config page)

Good luck.
SL3 SWM, 3 HR24-500s, H25-500, DECA

#3 OFFLINE   AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:58 AM

Those game adapters are a bear!

Here's a couple tips.

1.) Turn the power off and back on after every config or device change on the game adapter.

2.) configure the game adapter on your laptop (turn off wireless on your laptop and use the network cable to the game adapter). MAKE sure to turn off and unplug power to the game adapter after configuring internet to work on your laptop. Simply unplugging the network cable from your laptop into the HR20 wont' work, you must power down the game adapter in between.

3.) Most game adapters have 2 IP addresses to set, one for the game adapter and one for the device plugged into the game adapter. I would check what your gateway address is on your network (control pannel, network connections, double click local area connection, click the support tab to find the "Default Gateway") If you default gateway is 192.168.1.1 then I'd make your adapter use address 192.168.1.20 and 192.168.1.21. If 192.168.0.1 then use 192.168.0.20 and 192.168.0.21. If you need more help post your default gateway and I can help.

Game adapters respond only to one MAC address of the device it's plugged into, so if you change the device (laptop to HR20) you have to reboot the device to clear the previous mac address. This keeps you from using the game adapter as a bridge for multiple devices.

#4 OFFLINE   Kapeman

Kapeman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

Game adapters respond only to one MAC address of the device it's plugged into, so if you change the device (laptop to HR20) you have to reboot the device to clear the previous mac address. This keeps you from using the game adapter as a bridge for multiple devices.

That is, unless you connect the gaming adapter to a router that can clone/spoof a MAC address, then you are good to go!

Edit: you are absolutely correct about rebooting the gaming adapter after every change!

#5 OFFLINE   ITrot

ITrot

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

I ended up disconnecting everything from the router... plugged in the main computer that had the issue with have the same IP address as the game adapter and somehow, don't know how, got the compter to take a different address. I then hooked everything else back up one at a time and now it works. I fell back asswards into it ... again... but could not have done it without your advice....thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...