Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Report Dish L4.01 Audio Issues Here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L4.01 Improve your Audio Issues? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L4.01 Improve your Audio Issues?

1. I was having audio issues before, L4.01 appears to have fixed them. (12 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

2. L4.01 has improved my audio issues but I dont consider them fixed. (20 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. My audio was fine with L3.66, but I now have minor audio issues with L4.01 (16 votes [19.51%])

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

4. My audio was fine with L3.66, L4.01 has created major audio issues for me. (4 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

5. Never had any audio issues and still dont (30 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

Vote

#21 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

I think the TNTHD Sync issue is stream related. To many of us are seeing it. Anyone with 211/411? If so, check it out on that box and lets us know. I think James has a 211.. James.. are you seeing the sync issue on your 211?
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

I tend to agree about TNTHD being a TNT problem... Since people on AVSForum with DirecTV and cable have seen it, that even rules out Dish's uplink facilities I would think.

IT would be nice to have that fixed. Some shows are painful to watch they are so out of synch.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#23 OFFLINE   pcnetwrx

pcnetwrx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

I was watching either TNTHD or HDNET Movies and during a loud explosion scene it started stuttering (cutting in and out). No indication seen on the stereo receiver that it was having problems (DD 5.1). It cleared on its own in about 30 seconds or so without me doing anything.

#24 OFFLINE   MQuinn

MQuinn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

THis choice wasn't in the poll - audio issues before 4.01, same audio issues now.

After playing a recorded HD program for a while, the audio cuts in and out. Stopping and resuming fixes the problem.

I don't know whether this happens watching live or not, since I almost never watch live TV....

#25 OFFLINE   Will Munshower

Will Munshower

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

Well, at first I thought 4.01 solved the stuttering issue. It just started again. Here are the details:

What were you watching when it happened? i.e. Station, HD, SD, OTA, Show
HD, satellite

* Was it Live, Delayed, or a DVR Event?
I have experienced it both live and recorded video.

* What did you do if anything right before you lost audio? i.e. pause, stop, exit a show, etc ...
The audio stuttering just began. I did nothing beforehand.

* What mode are you running in, Single or Dual?
Single

* Did the front panel lights all go out when it happened?
No

* How did you have to recover, i.e. front panel reboot.
Pressed pause and then play.

* What type of audio connection are you using? HDMI, Optical, RCA?
Optical for audio, HDMI for video.
Neo took the red pill and so should you! Welcome to the real world.
Support HD DVD

My Gear:
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 SXRD Display
Onkyo TX-SR605
Echostar VIP 622 connected via HDMI and component
Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player
D-Link DSM-520 Media Server
2.25 Terabyte Homemade NAS
Polk RT55i Fronts
Polk CSi5 Center Channel
Polk f/x 300i Surrounds
Velodyne CT-150 Subwoofer