Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

YES Network On Dish ???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rbaggio00

rbaggio00

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hey guys i now its been a while(5 years) and still no YES netork on Dish is this something that will never happen or should i hold out some hope that i will show up one day...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys i now its been a while(5 years) and still no YES netork on Dish is this something that will never happen or should i hold out some hope that i will show up one day...

probably will happen one day......................

the day the two companies MERGE into one!!! :lol:

#3 OFFLINE   rbaggio00

rbaggio00

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

yeah thats what im thinking, i still cant understand why they cant get this deal done

#4 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

yeah thats what im thinking, i still cant understand why they cant get this deal done

George thinks I and every other dish sub should have to pay so that you can watch the channel. Charlie says no way! Plan and simple, Charlie's right, George is wrong!

#5 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

George thinks I and every other dish sub should have to pay so that you can watch the channel. Charlie says no way! Plan and simple, Charlie's right, George is wrong!

Far as I can remember, DirecTV did NOT raise its rates when it added YES. Same with Cablevision. In fact, that is why it is NOT on DISH - but its just the opporsite of what you said. George wanted it INCLUDED in the base tier, Charlie INSISTED it would be a premium channel - that was the impasse.

This stance has cost DISH dearly in the New york tri-state market. It is on balance (since every other provider has YES) a very poor business decision IMO.

#6 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Far as I can remember, DirecTV did NOT raise its rates when it added YES. Same with Cablevision. In fact, that is why it is NOT on DISH - but its just the opporsite of what you said. George wanted it INCLUDED in the base tier, Charlie INSISTED it would be a premium channel - that was the impasse.

This stance has cost DISH dearly in the New york tri-state market. It is on balance (since every other provider has YES) a very poor business decision IMO.

It has hurt them so bad, their subs continue to go up over a million a year, they continue to turn a profit, and Dish stock continues to rise (over $44 per share at close today).

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,098 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

Far as I can remember, DirecTV did NOT raise its rates when it added YES.

Didn't they raise the prices the next March? Neither system raises rates in the middle of the year, regardless of program additions ... such expensive additions as YES affect the bottom line. That affects the annual price increase.

Be glad that D* gaves a lower increase to existing subs this year ... new subs are paying $5 more for Choice and Choice Xtra than subs paid for Total Choice and TC Plus last year ... seems like a $5 rate increase to me. (Existing subs got a $3 bump unless they were on TC Platinum.)

Yes' demands are also less of an issue on D* since only the Family Pack customers subscribe to a service that doesn't include their own RSNs. There is no AT100 (formerly AT60) level package. If E* dropped AT100 then the extra demand of forcing everyone to buy YES would be moot.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   rockstx

rockstx

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

very simple...Charlie is not a Yankee fan:D

#9 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

Yes' demands are also less of an issue on D* since only the Family Pack customers subscribe to a service that doesn't include their own RSNs. There is no AT100 (formerly AT60) level package. If E* dropped AT100 then the extra demand of forcing everyone to buy YES would be moot.

Actually, they wouldn't have to drop AT100, they would just have to price AT100 @ 34.99 and include the RSN. They just make that extra $5 an option at this point. And btw, don't give them any ideas--I like AT100 just the way it is! :D

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,098 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Actually, they wouldn't have to drop AT100, they would just have to price AT100 @ 34.99 and include the RSN.

In effect, dropping AT100 and renaming AT100 Plus. :)

Not worth it for one RSN that E* has survived without.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   heisman

heisman

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:50 PM

Not worth it for one RSN that E* has survived without.

Agreed. FWIW, I've never even heard of YES.

#12 OFFLINE   rbaggio00

rbaggio00

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

It's not about the money, sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what you customers want.im sure there are channels on dish that no one watches and his crying about paying for YES, Im not a yankee fan at all but i still would like to get the channel so i can watch them when ever the METS are not playing.

#13 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

If YES was a priority, did you not check Dish's channel lineup before signing up to make sure they had it? And if you did, why did you choose E* in spite of that fact?

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#14 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

iahte yaneks as a team but wodulove to se yes an masn added to dish
in mycase iwoudel rpefer mavstv ans etana prot otyc sprots(diretvahs t)

#15 OFFLINE   bacchus101

bacchus101

AllStar

• Banned User
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

No - YES. YES - NESN.

#16 OFFLINE   Radner

Radner

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:05 AM

It's not about the money, sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what you customers want.im sure there are channels on dish that no one watches and his crying about paying for YES, Im not a yankee fan at all but i still would like to get the channel so i can watch them when ever the METS are not playing.

I'd venture to say that you are in the minority in those E* customers that want YES. So why should they "suck it up and do what you customers want".

#17 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

I'd venture to say that you are in the minority in those E* customers that want YES. So why should they "suck it up and do what you customers want".

I would completely concur, but it's that NY mentality. We are NY so the rest of the US should do what we say cause we have the biggest city...;) :rolleyes:

#18 OFFLINE   uroberto

uroberto

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

Far as I can remember, DirecTV did NOT raise its rates when it added YES. Same with Cablevision.

Cablevision did raise rates by $1 when they added YES. Dish doesn't want to pay YES is asking.

#19 OFFLINE   Hound

Hound

Icon

• Registered
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

I would completely concur, but it's that NY mentality. We are NY so the rest of the US should do what we say cause we have the biggest city...;) :rolleyes:

Baseball is a fraternity, we do not make fun of fans from other teams. Multi video
providers should not pick and choose which teams they are going to broadcast.
A multi video provider is either going to broadcast all baseball (Yankees) and basketball teams (Nets) or the multi video provider is not going to broadcast
baseball and basketball. Dish is the only multi video provider in the NY, NJ, CT
and PA region that does not provide YES. YES is the number one regional sports
network in the United States.

My favorite teams are the Phillies and Sixers, but I like getting YES, as well as Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia from Verizon. YES is a niche that Dish has decided not to play in. When you sign up with a multi video provider, the first order of business is to make sure that you are getting the channels that you require, or do not sign up.

#20 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

i jsut want tos e yankes losoe games

Protected By... spam firewall...And...