Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Timer/Dish Pass question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

OK.

When I set up a Timer or Dish pass, what criteria does it use for channel selection?

I mean, does it relate to the guide "favorites" list that is currently in use? Or will it do all subscribed channels? Is there any alternate way to restrict this?

Thx-

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

Dish pass uses all channels unless you tell it not to. Defaults to all channels. Also with L4.01 (In limited release now), you will be able to set SD or HD priority.

New and All use the channel that you selected to record.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

by "all channels" does that mean even those that I don't get? Or "All Sub"?

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

All Sub... I am sure Mark or Chuck will correct me if I am wrong here.. Head is hurting..
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

alright ... one more question .. if i want to restrict channels that get caught by the dish pass, then will "Locking" them do it?

one thing that's happening is my "Spurs" dish pass will consume all three tuners in some cases. For example, the same game may be on a local channel in HD (OTA), also on the map-down channel and on the 84xx channel and it will record all three. I want it to record the SAT channel (SD grr!) since this thing has so many OTA reception problems (backup), but not BOTH of them. would a lock fix this?

#6 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

In this case.. Set a Dish PASS for Spurs game and in the Dish Pass set it only for that particular channel. With L4.01 you could do SD only I believe.. But if you have L3.66 then setting it to a particular channel will catch all Spur Games on that SD channel.

#7 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:12 PM

no, i don't want it for just that channel. the games come on all kinds of different channels. the only way it will get them all is if i let it select from just about any channel, and the only way to get it with a backup for the flaky OTA tuner is to also get it on SD (allow duplicates). so i want to just exclude the channels that are duplicated on the receiver (84xx channels duplicated from the regular local numbers).

#8 OFFLINE   wahoolions

wahoolions

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

In response to your previous question, the Dish Pass should only be getting the "sub" channels, not all of them (and not the favorites screen you're on).

On the second question, I just locked a channel that one of my Dish Passes was going to record from, but the event still showed up in the list of upcoming recordings. I did not try and create a new timer to see if the lock kept the channel out of the Dish Pass.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...