Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rc32rf Remote

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   firedog1

firedog1

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

If this is in the incorrect area to post this, I apologize; feel free to move it.

I have programmed the DIRECTV RC32RF remote to control my SONY KDS 60A-2000 TV. However, I am unable to randomly tune digital channels OTA.

According to page 6 of the booklet that came with the remote, I should enter 7 DASH 1 (for 7.1). However, the dash is not recognized. It tunes 71. I assume the dash is the button on the bottom left of the remote.

I have tried each of the five SONY codes on page 21 of the booklet. All of the other basic functions work, except the ability to randomly enter digital (sub) channels OTA.

Any ideas on a fix? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supervolcano

Supervolcano

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

Sorry, can't help you operate the sony tv with your rc32rf remote.

However, if your OTA antenna is hooked up to your HR20, then you should be able to watch OTA broadcasts through the HR20, and the dash button will function properly.
Click Here to See my Equipment and SWM8 Configuration.
Click Here for My Theories on why we have no shouldn't have DLB yet.
Click Here to Review cbaker's "Long Term (Multiple CE) Bug List".

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

It is very possible that the RC32RF programming for that Sony setting, doesn't translate the "-" to the code that the Sony TV is looking for.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   Supervolcano

Supervolcano

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Have you tried the other sony codes?
Especially for Sony since most of their remotes can control power/volume for any sony tv.

Maybe the code your using is technically for a non-hdtv, which would explain why the dash isn't part of it.

Try the other codes.
Click Here to See my Equipment and SWM8 Configuration.
Click Here for My Theories on why we have no shouldn't have DLB yet.
Click Here to Review cbaker's "Long Term (Multiple CE) Bug List".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...