Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pause a live show, go watch a recorded show, live show is unpaused??? WTF??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   carsonsig

carsonsig

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

is there any way to fix this? the no dual buffers thing was enough of a shock Wednesday when I got it, but these other quirks are killing me!!!

I am watching something sweet on live HD, like basketball, and it goes to half time. the talking heads suck, so I want to go watch my Friday night fights that is recorded. when I exit the recorded program, my paused live program is at current time!!! what the F is the point of the pause button if it doesn't STAY paused!!!:grin:

is there any trick to solving this???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Que

Que

Icon

• Registered
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think there is. :( Someone else might help. Right now I don't have an HR20 going to wait it out for a bit.

If you have time make sure you take the DLB poll. http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=62118

#3 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

No, you have a 90 min buffer on live tv and you will have to use the trick plays to get back to your point. If you would hit record before you go to watch the recorded program it will pick up the entire program as long as you haven't been switching channels. If you just want to start watching where you left off, switch channels, go back, then hit record. Then go watch your recording. It will be stored from the last place you were watching.

spam firewall