Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did L4.01 improve your 622? (Take 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L4.01 improve your 622? (249 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L4.01 improve your 622?

1. My ViP622 is working fine, without issues. (82 votes [32.93%])

Percentage of vote: 32.93%

2. My ViP622 is still expierencing minor/major issues. Any major issue have reasonable work arounds. (32 votes [12.85%])

Percentage of vote: 12.85%

3. My ViP622 is still problem ridden, major issues with no work arounds. (8 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

4. Version L4.01 is working better for me than the previous version. (80 votes [32.13%])

Percentage of vote: 32.13%

5. Version L4.01 is the same as the previous version for me. (22 votes [8.84%])

Percentage of vote: 8.84%

6. Version L4.01 is a step back from the previous version for me (25 votes [10.04%])

Percentage of vote: 10.04%

Vote

#21 OFFLINE   Kricket

Kricket

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

well - scratch the part about my hd broadcasts not pixellating as much - although the problem seems contained to recorded events (unfortunately for me, i time shift pretty much every single show i watch)...
-------------
the blog...

need help with your wireless phone? check out THE source for everything mobile - howardforums.com

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

So far so good, I really like the new HD logos on the guide, I also "LOVE" the side by side PIP. I wish they also would have moved small PIP window lower and to the right, It seams to be on the way allot. The larger PIP is useless. it would prefer to have a right/bottom, left/bottom and side by side PIP options

I only noticed a couple of things. Some of the added HD channels take a while to come on after you change into the channel. Also I lost OTA reception on a channel while I was watching a recorder show and switching to another recorded OTA show. I selected to start from the beginning while it was recording. This is the first time in many months that I loose OTA reception. on a very clear day. This only happened once so far.

Overall I am pretty happy with the 622 and the updates.
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#23 OFFLINE   JSIsabella

JSIsabella

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

Salemtubes:

Yes it was WFMJ (021-1) and WBCB (021-2) in Youngstown, OH. They were working fine until just before Christmas. Even though I was getting a signal strength of 98, the picture would breakup and then the 622 would put up a message that the signal was lost.

After the download of ver 4.01, those problems are gone.

WKBN, WYTV, and WNEO worked before, and work now.

Now if the FOX station WYFX would ever begin to broadcast in HD, everything would be great! And BTW, the engineer at WKBN/WYFX told me not to look for FOX in HD until 2009...............

Jim

#24 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

I have had several issue and had to reboot, where that had not happened for months under 3.6x.

Today in PIP only the right side showed video and played audio. There left side, which should be the active side was blank and no audio and I couldn't swap PIP. Did a cold reboot and things seem just okay now, but extra time between channel changing especially between HD channels.
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#25 OFFLINE   jimborst

jimborst

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

Last night I lost portions of Lost then the 622 started a new recording of the show but I did lose about 22 minutes:( . My recording of Medium (same time in HD OTA) was fine. The 622 said I needed to do a check switch, that I did, and when I went to bed I was having problems (Signal loss). This morning all seemed fine, so I just hope it got it out of it's system!

#26 OFFLINE   GeeWhiz1

GeeWhiz1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

I've been holding off saying anything for a couple of reasons, but I figured I'd get something up.

First of all, I got 4.01 on one of my two 622s, but not the other. So I can only report on that one. I guess I'll be back after I get in on the other.

We haven't done any testing or anything like that. We've found that we didn't have any problems before and we don't now. Our timers have been firing correctly and all seems to be well. We do like the HD map downs and the HD labelling in the guide. I have only turned on the split screen PiP once. It worked fine, but I haven't really played with it.

So I guess we're kind of middle of the road. We like the new features that we have used and haven't had any problems. Now I wait for the other 622 to be upgraded to see what happens with it. ;)
Greg ... in the heart of the whine country

#27 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

I've been out of town and just got back yesterday (3/29/07). I set the 622 for 23 events and they all recorded (although I haven't watched all of them). I have noticed a couple of things and wonder if anyone else has noticed them as well.

1) The PIP when one of the stations is a digital local station appears on the split screen smaller than the other satellite station.

2) I got the black screen of death last night where there was no picture but a lot of screeching that others have mentioned on these forums. I have never gotten this prior to the 4.01 update and hope I won't get it again. I did a front panel re-boot and everything seemed fine after that. I was watching one of my recorded events when this happened. I did not report this to E* because it had not happened prior to sending my report in before I left town.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#28 OFFLINE   Rickroeder

Rickroeder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

Everything OK except having to do a power button hold down reset every morning to get a picture. Had to do it for about the last 8 days.

#29 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

After about a week of usage, I would say NO, 4.01 did NOT improve my 622. I have had OTA issues at time, SAT issues at times and a handful of lockups and reboots. All of which hadn't happened with 3.6x in months.
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#30 OFFLINE   teacher1066

teacher1066

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:24 AM

My HDMI audio is back--but now the levels between HD and SD are off by 25 Db. Also, now there is an intermittment half-second loss of audio about 5 times an hour. It is disturbing to say the least. Dolby Digital is decoded differently between the optical and HDMI connections. Each day brings some new surprises.

#31 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

Now that I have used the new version for a week, I am mostly happy with the nwe features. I did however noticed 2 things that are not working as well as the prior version.

1) Changing to some of the HD channels takes 7 seconds before the image and sound appear..... that is pretty bad

2) The fast forward and rewind features are very choppy.....I used to be able to what a soccer game on FF x4 and still be able to see what happened. Now it jumps instead of a smooth FF.
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#32 OFFLINE   softwiz

softwiz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

The biggest problem I have with L401 is my second dish tuner is toast. I get a black screen with audio. If I reset it, the second tuner will work for maybe 10 minutes and then lockup where I get a black screen and audio. This is in single or DUAL mode.

My wife uses the second tuner on her TV upstairs and I'm catching holy hell about this.

I called Dish and the guy told me this is a known problem with L401 and that L402 will fix it and should spool tonight.

It better!!!!!!

#33 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

softwiz.. Doubt L4.02 will spool tonight. Very rare it spools on Friday...
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#34 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

The biggest problem I have with L401 is my second dish tuner is toast. I get a black screen with audio. If I reset it, the second tuner will work for maybe 10 minutes and then lockup where I get a black screen and audio. This is in single or DUAL mode.

My wife uses the second tuner on her TV upstairs and I'm catching holy hell about this.

I called Dish and the guy told me this is a known problem with L401 and that L402 will fix it and should spool tonight.

It better!!!!!!

Here is what I did to fix my second tuner lost problems. Note: I was using a diplexor on my single coax into my house and so when I replaced the cables I only replaced the short ones from the diplexor sat side and the short cables from the ddp seperator to the sat ports on the receiver.

1.Replace all sat cables to the receiver with new ones.
2.Replace all diplexors or dishpro plus seperators with new ones.
3.Run a check switch without the cables connected to clear the switch matrix.
4.Rerun the check switch with ALL new cables, switches, etc reconnected.
5.Let it down load the guide.

***IF you really want to be sure , unplug and replug in the receiver to make sure it is reset or rebooted.

This cleared up my problem with the lost second tuner, lnb drift issues, and the check switch errror messages on BOTH of my receivers that had these problems after L4.01 downloaded.

#35 OFFLINE   EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

My 622 has been pretty stable from the beginning. Upgraded last June. Did have some problems with audio dropouts. 4.01 was definitely an improvement. Still get an occasional audio dropout but much less frequent. OTA channel signal strength better and OTA PQ much better. All and all I'm happy with it.

spam firewall