Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did you lose your OTAs with L4.01

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your OTA with L4.01? (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your OTA with L4.01?

1. Yes I lost my OTA channels, have not been able to get them back. (5 votes [5.75%])

Percentage of vote: 5.75%

2. Yes I lost my OTA channels, I was able to restore them (7 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

3. L4.01 did not take away my OTA. They are the same. (44 votes [50.57%])

Percentage of vote: 50.57%

4. L4.01 did not take away my OTA. Infact my OTA experience has improved. (31 votes [35.63%])

Percentage of vote: 35.63%

Vote

#21 OFFLINE   Skates

Skates

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

DMA is Los Angeles.
I have two 622s.
I have 119,110,148 and 129 going through a DPP44 switch.
Dish 1000 and a dish 500

No OTA loss on either box.

Same setup as Ron except I have one 622 and no longer have 148 & Dish 500. No change at all for me after receiving the s/w. Everything is fine.

*******Looks like I spoke too soon - Fox 11.1 just disappeared from my guide. A rescan brought it back.

On the plus side, that's the first time I've scanned channels and not have the unit crash shortly afterwards.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rogerpl

rogerpl

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

My OTA signals have dropped significantly with the warming weather here in Vt. I'm hoping for a slight improvement. My local CBS OTA stations have dropped below 60. Above 60 it will lock, in the high 50s not so much.

#23 OFFLINE   Will Munshower

Will Munshower

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

DMA - Orlando

Initially, I had lost 8 OTA channels. However, I did the scan at 4:00AM. When I rescanned later in the morning, I actually gained one more channel than I had previously. My assumption is that DTV stations have to power down from dusk til dawn, just as analog stations have to.

Now, I am very pleased with my OTA reception. I get a stronger, totally consistent signal strength. I have not moved my yagi antenna. I think L4.01 had a significant impact on my OTA reception. Previously, I had frequent signal strength drop offs that I found quite annoying. I have not had a single yellow pop up about signal loss since the download. Kudos, E*!

Regards...Will
Neo took the red pill and so should you! Welcome to the real world.
Support HD DVD

My Gear:
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 SXRD Display
Onkyo TX-SR605
Echostar VIP 622 connected via HDMI and component
Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player
D-Link DSM-520 Media Server
2.25 Terabyte Homemade NAS
Polk RT55i Fronts
Polk CSi5 Center Channel
Polk f/x 300i Surrounds
Velodyne CT-150 Subwoofer
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote to control it all

#24 ONLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

When L4.01 arrived my OTA signals improved, BUT, it was only temporary. I think that it was just a lucky atmospheric skip going on. I'm 45 miles from the transmitters so everything needs to be right to get reliable signals from most channels.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#25 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

New York, NY DMA
As I reported I lost all my OTA once Sunday evening, but got it back with a reboot. Already had two round of emails with bug support describing. Its great to actually know someone is investigating.

My second just received L401, so twice as much change to be hit with any new bugs.

Just had second occurance of losing OTA (same receiver) this morning.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#26 OFFLINE   Zaphod

Zaphod

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

OTA is much more stable. My signal strength is the same, but I had a few distant channels that wouldn’t lock and now they are rock solid.

#27 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

OTA is much more stable. My signal strength is the same, but I had a few distant channels that wouldn’t lock and now they are rock solid.

Some people are reporting both that when working they get stronger signals, new channels locked, etc, and having all there OTA suddenly drop to 0 and requiring a reboot.

Myself I have now lost all OTA 3 times. 2 times on one receiver and now once on the other. My OTA signals appear the same, and I was always able to lock all my local station in my area.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#28 OFFLINE   sbturner

sbturner

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

OK, here's an update; I had lost my OTA's last week in beta testing and could not get them back. I received a replacement receiver and got the 401 software and my OTA's are back and better than ever. I had problems with two channels but those problems are gone now, and channels are rock solid. I hope I'm not speaking too soon!!

#29 OFFLINE   JSIsabella

JSIsabella

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

After reading in another post about how it was taking a very long time to change OTA channels, last night I was changing channels up and down though my OTA's. It was only taking a bit over one second to make the change. But after about 10 changes, the screen went black. When I would change the channel, the channel info was displayed, but no picture, and no sound.

I did a front panel reboot and all was fine.

Here is how I am looking at this:

Every time I make updates to any of my computers, a forced reboot is the norm. Maybe Dish should have just told everyone to do the same!!!!

:)

Jim

#30 OFFLINE   Kricket

Kricket

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

ive force rebooted three times since 401 downloaded - i just switched the channel from 107 to 120 and it took 9 seconds to get a picture
-------------
the blog...

need help with your wireless phone? check out THE source for everything mobile - howardforums.com

#31 OFFLINE   SMosher

SMosher

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

• Lost OTA Shortly after download of 4.01
  • Tried FPR and that didn't work.
  • Tried RESCAN and that didn't work.
  • Tried to unplug rec then RESCAN that DID work.
  • Reception greatly improved from 78-84 to 94-100.
  • One channel in my DMA degraded KCRA, loss of signal at 96 on the sig meter channel is completely unwatchable.

#32 OFFLINE   FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:30 AM

No OTA loss with 401, and in fact, 401 fixed the every 3 seconds drop-out issues with Fox Austin.

Other observations are that two more-distant OTAs that I was able to lock onto prior to 401, I can no longer get (didnt watch them anyway), and my signal strengths of my desired OTAs has increased for all except PBS.

#33 OFFLINE   vampirefish

vampirefish

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

Unfortunatley, I lost mine a long time ago. Anytime I go to scan for them.... my receiver can't find squat.
ViP 622 w/ Hitachi 57XWX20B

spam firewall