Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

IFC, what's the problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hey folks-

Over the past week or two I have tried to catch a movie here and there on IFC. What in the heck is wrong with that channel? I have a VIP622. It looks like the frame rate is about 8 frames per second and the picture is the most compressed monstrosity I have ever seen. It looks like video you shoot on a camera phone. Is this to be expected?

I will email dish support and see if they have an answer. My other channels look ok although I should say, I don't check them all. I just watch a handful. Previously I thought the worst quality picture/video on dish was the RSN but the PQ/video quality on IFC is about ten times worse. Makes movies kind of unwatchable.
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pweezil

pweezil

LGOE/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

Hey folks-

Over the past week or two I have tried to catch a movie here and there on IFC. What in the heck is wrong with that channel? I have a VIP622. It looks like the frame rate is about 8 frames per second and the picture is the most compressed monstrosity I have ever seen. It looks like video you shoot on a camera phone. Is this to be expected?

I will email dish support and see if they have an answer. My other channels look ok although I should say, I don't check them all. I just watch a handful. Previously I thought the worst quality picture/video on dish was the RSN but the PQ/video quality on IFC is about ten times worse. Makes movies kind of unwatchable.

MR.72,
Try sending an email to dishquality@echostar.com. They handle video problems and most likely will get right back to you to let you know what's going on.
Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.

2 Hoppers 2 Joeys

#3 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

the same problem is on Fox Movie Channel FMC channel 133. I emailed that address as well as the tech support address. We'll see what happens.
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

Protected By... spam firewall...And...