Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need Input: SundayTicket / SuperfaN Ideas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

Need Your Input for SundayTicket/SuperfaN

I will be happy to serve as our class secretary and assemble our aggregate suggestions at the end of this thread. At that point, I plan to PM the results to Earl and request that he get some attention for us and pass these ideas back to the right DIRECTV developers to consider:

Enhanced Screen

For starts: my personal input has to do with a feature called the "Enhanced Game Screen". More popularly, it's called the "L" screen, because you give up some "L" shaped geography on your screen and in return get an "L" pattern showing the status and score of ten other games. It is available for both SundayTicket and SuperfaN subscribers. (See the photo attachment.)

The suggestions:

• Keep all the early Sunday games on screen #1, and all the late Sunday games on screen #2. Don't make me jump back and forth between screen #1 to screen #2. The games will fit in the current "L"; last season only one week (week 11) had more than ten early games. Most importantly, keep all the late Sunday games on the screen #2 "L".
  • Once I have selected the "L" display, keep that "L" display turned on even when I change channels. That is: as long as the channel I'm changing to is selected by clicking one of the "L" icons or is directly selected and is within the SundayTicket or SuperfaN channel range, keep the "L" active. Don't make me have to re-request it with every channel change. Yeah -- If I go off to a local channel to view a game that is blacked out, I'll lose the "L". I understand.
  • On the "L" display, update the scores and status of the games much closer to real time. Because of the update delays last year, I would often change to a game where the status just turned red, only to find that that the team had already scored a few minutes earlier.

Please post your thoughts, ideas and suggestions for SundayTicket and SuperfaN. We're early enough in the process to provide some good input for the DIRECTV development folks that could be implemented this year.

Our input can help make the final product something that we are all proud of!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

one problem that really irked me last year was how difficult it was to access the game stats and other interactive features due to major lag (sometimes over a minute). however this most likely was due to my r15 problems as opposed to sunday ticket problems

#3 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

last year you could program a certain amount of players to track their stats (mainly useful for tracking your fantasy football players). i would love to have have the option to program an additional set of players since i was in two fantasy leagues last year. they could be labled "team 1" and "team 2". or something to that effect.

#4 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

one problem that really irked me last year was how difficult it was to access the game stats and other interactive features due to major lag (sometimes over a minute). however this most likely was due to my r15 problems as opposed to sunday ticket problems

Nope, it was that bad on my HR20 as well

#5 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Nope, it was that bad on my HR20 as well

i really hope that is fixed this year. its a really fun feature. but last year it was for the most part useless. sometimes the interactive menu wouldnt even come up unless i changed the channel then changed back. the only time i wanted to mess around with that stuff was during commercials. but the lag was so bad that the commercial break would usually be over before the screeen ever popped up. drove me crazy!

#6 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Need Your Input for SundayTicket/SuperfaN

I will be happy to serve as our class secretary and assemble our aggregate suggestions at the end of this thread. At that point, I plan to PM the results to Earl and request that he get some attention for us and pass these ideas back to the right DIRECTV developers to consider:

Enhanced Screen

For starts: my personal input has to do with a feature called the "Enhanced Game Screen". More popularly, it's called the "L" screen, because you give up some "L" shaped geography on your screen and in return get an "L" pattern showing the status and score of ten other games. It is available for both SundayTicket and SuperfaN subscribers. (See the photo attachment.)

The suggestions:

• Keep all the early Sunday games on screen #1, and all the late Sunday games on screen #2. Don't make me jump back and forth between screen #1 to screen #2. The games will fit in the current "L"; last season only one week (week 11) had more than ten early games. Most importantly, keep all the late Sunday games on the screen #2 "L".
  • Once I have selected the "L" display, keep that "L" display turned on even when I change channels. That is: as long as the channel I'm changing to is selected by clicking one of the "L" icons or is directly selected and is within the SundayTicket or SuperfaN channel range, keep the "L" active. Don't make me have to re-request it with every channel change. Yeah -- If I go off to a local channel to view a game that is blacked out, I'll lose the "L". I understand.
  • On the "L" display, update the scores and status of the games much closer to real time. Because of the update delays last year, I would often change to a game where the status just turned red, only to find that that the team had already scored a few minutes earlier.

Please post your thoughts, ideas and suggestions for SundayTicket and SuperfaN. We're early enough in the process to provide some good input for the DIRECTV development folks that could be implemented this year.

Our input can help make the final product something that we are all proud of!

This question was posed in the DirecTV Superfan forum:

Is there anyway to turn off the pop up that keeps coming up everytime you change the channel (to another game) reminding you of the color buttons to bring up scores and stats? It's getting a bit annoying now. Every single time the channel is changed I have to answer this question.

#7 OFFLINE   sports828

sports828

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:06 PM

This question was posed in the DirecTV Superfan forum:

Is there anyway to turn off the pop up that keeps coming up everytime you change the channel (to another game) reminding you of the color buttons to bring up scores and stats? It's getting a bit annoying now. Every single time the channel is changed I have to answer this question.

Yes, I agree!!! I also hated having to go each week to channel 795 to set preferences again so the Player Tracker pop up was off:nono2: .

#8 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

Yes, I agree!!! I also hated having to go each week to channel 795 to set preferences again so the Player Tracker pop up was off:nono2: .

You can also contact DirecTV yourself by email and let them know that this is an annoyance. They will forward your issue to the proper department. By having the Sunday Ticket means you want a lot of football. And that means channel changing. Channel changing = pop-up every single time to answer the same question. It is annoying.

#9 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

How about, make the player tracker stuff work on non-ST channels/locals. THat's #1 in my list.

#10 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

1) Game mix in HD.
2) When I select a game off of game mix, take me to the HD channel and not the SD channel.

#11 OFFLINE   Coffey77

Coffey77

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

A single page that would show you all your players stats that you are tracking... Plus, save them instead of having to put them in every week - Might be an HR20 think though.
- Andy
My Setup - (Computer Setup Included)
HR20-700 - / - / H20-100 -
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE<-- to DBSTalk.com and become a DBSTalk Club Member!

#12 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

When 1st priority game goes to commercial, automatically switch to second priority game. If it's at commercail, to 3rd. etc. etc.
Man, I'm dreamin....

#13 OFFLINE   capecodsooner

capecodsooner

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

Cut the price in half.

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

How about offering just a HD package and not have to buy the SD games?

#15 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

How about offering just a HD package and not have to buy the SD games?

A lot of people get it to see their team they used to root for before they left town. What would really be great would be if you could purchase a single game, or two, etc., each week and not have to pay for all of them. I really don't know if that would cost them money or make them money. Anyway that would be nice.

#16 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,095 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

1) Game mix in HD.

Yep

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#17 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

A lot of people get it to see their team they used to root for before they left town. What would really be great would be if you could purchase a single game, or two, etc., each week and not have to pay for all of them. I really don't know if that would cost them money or make them money. Anyway that would be nice.

will never happen. because nearly everyone gets it ONLY for their favorite team. why give you the option to only purchase your team's games for a fraction of the cost when you'll pay full price for all the games just to watch your team.

#18 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

2) When I select a game off of game mix, take me to the HD channel and not the SD channel.

Already works that way.

#19 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

The suggestions:

All VERY excellent suggestions. I personally would love to have #2, keep the L of scores if I change channels unless I exit. #1 was also quite annoying for me.

#20 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

Don't include the HD games in SuperFan. Have just an HD addon that is cheaper than the 99 dollars.

Since we pay an HD Access Fee should that not cover our HD access to games. Seems like we would be paying twice for HD then.

This is keeping me from renewing ST next year. That and the fact that both networks are running double headers this year. I can listen to my game on Sirius if it is not broadcasted locally.
DirecTV & Sirius Subscriber - Hardware on Profile
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Bridged | 1080i Str | Rem IR Harmony 676 | HDMI
HR20-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 480p Str | Rem RF RC24 | Component
HR21-700 CFG: OTA Y | LAN: Wired | 1080i LB | Rem RC32 | Component
uPnP Software: TVersity Pro BETA 1.5
Internet: Fiber 10MB via Surewest, Airlink+ Router

Protected By... spam firewall...And...