Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need Input: SundayTicket / SuperfaN Ideas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jhollan2

jhollan2

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

I agree with the HD but not superfan suggestion. I never used any of the superfan features and actually found them pretty annoying!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   grate88

grate88

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

HD should absolutely be included in your HD access fee and not part of superfan.
It costs enough as is without squeezing the xtra $99 out of ya!

#23 OFFLINE   brewer4

brewer4

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

I would like to see Game Mix and Red Zone in true HD widescreen with the pictures in widescreen HD (links obviously going to HD channel). That may only mean 4 games per screen but thats ok. It would be great if you could pick which 4 games you want to watch. I find the amount of screens/games and background real estate too much. The SD picture quality is also terrible.

4 games, HD, widescreen, and games filling all the screen.

Scores would be cool as a red button or something. You can toggle it on or off. The scores could overlap partial transparant or could do a screen squeeze. I would have to see both versions to see which one works.

Also, Fantasy player stats toggle on and off on any Sunday Ticket game/screen. Hit something like green button and they show and green again they dissappear.
The Meaning of Life...

Well there's nothing really special

Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in,
and try to live together in peace and harmony with all people of creeds and nations.

#24 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

That and the fact that both networks are running double headers this year.

Is that true for 2007-2008? I know they did that the last weekend this past year because of the playoff implications, but I got no feeling that this would go any farther than that.

#25 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:58 AM

That has been the rumor this offseason. Can anyone confirm the dual doubleheaders?

#26 OFFLINE   calwan

calwan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

last year you could program a certain amount of players to track their stats (mainly useful for tracking your fantasy football players). i would love to have have the option to program an additional set of players since i was in two fantasy leagues last year. they could be labled "team 1" and "team 2". or something to that effect.

Also, the potential to save the players from week to week.

#27 OFFLINE   jtrain73

jtrain73

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

That has been the rumor this offseason. Can anyone confirm the dual doubleheaders?

I can't find the quote, but I remember reading that someone from the NFL in an interview said that was not a normal thing, and would only be considered in close playoff impact games/weeks.

#28 OFFLINE   mndwalsh

mndwalsh

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

I think I have been on NFLST for 6 years now, last year was my first with HD.

Don't get me wrong I love having all the games but with me wanting to watch the Raiders (yeah, I know but I live in MN so what is worse) and with CBS lacking HD and the raiders sucking there were on HD 1 time on CBS (maybe 2). My problem is with the Flex schedule now most of all the good games are on locally and are always in HD during the last month of the season. This is the main reason why I get NFLST is to see the good games that were not on locally because cleveland, detroit or the hated pack are closer to me. So unless they can offer me something better I may just get the NHL package.

#29 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

Cut the price in half.

:lol:

#30 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

oen question until aht year is sudnay tiket exlsuie ond iretv ?

#31 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

yes sunday ticket is exclusive to directv. does this answer your question?

#32 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

Already works that way.

Hmm... Does selecting a game on the "L" screen take you to the SD version, then? I remember being really annoyed about something like that early in the season and then not using that feature anymore. That's why I don't remember.

Also, an HD Red Zone would be nice.

#33 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,086 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

IIRC, on the Game Mix channel when a game was also in HD is rotated through the SD and HD channel number in the bottom coroner. If you hit that window when it was the SD channel displayed that's what you got switched to, same for when the HD channel number was displayed. Timing is everything.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#34 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

until hat year?

#35 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:06 PM

IIRC, on the Game Mix channel when a game was also in HD is rotated through the SD and HD channel number in the bottom coroner. If you hit that window when it was the SD channel displayed that's what you got switched to, same for when the HD channel number was displayed. Timing is everything.

I thought that too but every time I selected it, I was always taken to the HD channel. I was very suprised and happy to see this. I had to remember which games were on my locals though as it would take you to the ST channel which of course was blacked out.

#36 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

oen question until aht year is sudnay tiket exlsuie ond iretv ?

yes, hukt on fonix werkt fer mee too

:D

#37 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

until hat year?

i think sunday ticket is exclusive until 2010 or 2011 under the current contract. i could be wrong though.

#38 OFFLINE   arkenhill

arkenhill

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

Alternate audio for each team's home radio broadcast would be nice.

#39 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to D*. On the website it says that you can get the NFLST for 5 payments of $49.80, that's $249 for the year. The Superfan has not been updated yet, but are you telling me that is $99 extra. I want the HD stuff, but I'm not sure that I want it for $99.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Dave

#40 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

i think sunday ticket is exclusive until 2010 or 2011 under the current contract. i could be wrong though.

Currently, DirecTV has an exclusive deal with the NFL, making them the sole provider of NFL Sunday Ticket in the United States until the contract expires in 2010, though past history suggests DirecTV will renew the contract by then in order to maintain one of its key marketing pitches to potential subscribers.

http://en.wikipedia....L_Sunday_Ticket

Protected By... spam firewall...And...