Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All American Direct

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MovieFan

MovieFan

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

I submitted a waiver to All American Direct via web site a couple of weeks ago. My receiver guide now shows channels 240 and 250. These are strictly informational channels. Is this a good sign that my waiver is going to be approved? Or, is it just a standard practice used by All American Direct to verify your smart card number? Is there any easy to check on the status of my waiver requests? I am just curious. Thank you.

William

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ohioankev

Ohioankev

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

I submitted a waiver to All American Direct via web site a couple of weeks ago. My receiver guide now shows channels 240 and 250. These are strictly informational channels. Is this a good sign that my waiver is going to be approved? Or, is it just a standard practice used by All American Direct to verify your smart card number? Is there any easy to check on the status of my waiver requests? I am just curious. Thank you.

William

I'm thinking that 240 and 250 are provided by DISH to provide information to DISH Network customers about getting distants. I could very well be wrong about this though but that was my assumption when i seen the channels the other day.

#3 OFFLINE   ilkjh

ilkjh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

William

My advice would be to call them once a week, or so. When I submitted waivers, I did not hear back, then called after about 3 weeks, and was told that 3 of the networks declined, and one (CBS) was pending.

Having heard nothing for another couple of weeks, I noticed a $2.99 charge on my credit card and thought they must have gotten approval for CBS. I selected the channel, saw nothing, then called them. Indeed, CBS was approved, and after getting some of my system info id's, had me reboot my receiver to finally catch the signal.

In other words, they aren't gonna tell you a thing. Like much in the service world these days- the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Good luck!

#4 OFFLINE   jhilley

jhilley

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

That is info they added last night. I have an RV waiver and had service in January. My receiver was off for two months and I lost service. Took me a week and three different CSRs to get it going again. I believe they had to go thru Dish to reactivate my Smart Card. Last night I lost my DNS programming when the AAD info went into the guide. Just got off the phone with them and Hopefully they will be back within 20 minutes. Call the RV Service number 888-210-3474 Ext. 855, if that doesn't get you anywhere call 800-728-3950.

#5 OFFLINE   minnow

minnow

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

When we got our waiver for CBS, it took a month or so to get approved and all of a sudden the channel was just there. Did not get any notification at all.

#6 OFFLINE   dlt

dlt

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:26 AM

When we got our waiver for CBS, it took a month or so to get approved and all of a sudden the channel was just there. Did not get any notification at all.

Right now, channels 240,250 are unlocked for everyone to give info about the distant network service.

spam firewall