Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
HR20-100 - The Next Look
Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:34 PM
HR20-100 Manufactured by Thomson/RCA
Kudos go out to our other members, who started to report last week that the HR20 was hitting the "streets".
And thanks to lewgar for posting the first "on the street" pics of the HR20-100.
Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:37 PM
- The "user" functions of this unit are the same as it's counter part HR20-700
- At this time it is on software version 0x12a. It is a "few" release behind the HR20-700, but it will soon catch-up
- I did not receive mine in a "consumer" box, so I can't comment on "exactly" what will be included if you purchase or receive one
All right... On to the photos.
Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:42 PM
The shell appears to "look" plastic, yet it is metal.
It is definently lighter then it's older brother, the HR20-700...
With the panels closed: The buttons, placement, and everything about the front is the same as the HR20-700. One Difference: The USB port is "sunken" a bit, where the HR20-700's was flush with the casing
Some other things have changed with the case...
The size has changed a bit. It is ~ 1/4" smaller width wise, about ~3/4" shorter depth wise. It is the same hight.
(I will show some of those pictures at the end).
But the "venting" for the case has changed...
1st - There are no vents on the top of the unit.
2nd- There are now vents on both sides, and on back. On the back.. you will notice there are VENTS at the "bottom" of the case, as well as a couple other places on the back.
3rd - An external fan on the BOTTOM of the unit. The feet on this unit are a little higher (and they are soft) then the HR20-700's
Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:01 PM
The entire back panel is different.. The pictures will speak for themselves for the new layout.
Two new ports though:
A 2nd Ethernet Port (Which is NOT active at this time)
An the RF antenna is now external (instead of internal on the HR20-700).
You will also notice in those photo's - The power adapter for this model is 3 pronged, while the HR20-700 was only two.
Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:07 PM
Let me say... opening this unit was a LOT easier then the HR20-700.
And once it was open... my jaw dropped.. Why? Well.. I'll let the pictures tell the story.
- Overall Inside Full Small
- Tuners Full Small
- Hard Drive AreaFull Small
- Front USB connections Full Small
- Power and Modem board (note the left side... the wire "disappears") Full Small
- Side profile of OTA tuners Full Small
- Side profile of SAT tuners Full Small
- Side profile of RAISED phone/rf anntenna board Full Small
- Side profile of Hard Drive connection (you can see the fan underneath) Full Small
- Underneath the Phone/RF board (easily removed) Full Small
- Just another "Chip" Full Small
- Close Up of the 320gb WD Hard Drive Full Small
Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:20 PM
- Top and Bottom Full Small
- ~1/4" Difference on the width Full Small
- ~ 3/4" Difference on the depth Full Small
- The connection panels Full Small
- The "Eyes" Full Small
- The "New Eye" Full Small
- The happy couple Full Small