Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-700: 0x145 - Discussion / Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
410 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Actually, this has finally been rectified in the latest CE (0158), at least for the NY RSNs. Now 622 and 625 default to the HD channel and you have to hit channel up to get to the SD counterpart. It's now consistent with CBS, NBC, et al. /s

WOW that is great news Earl made it sound like this would be a long time coming.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#402 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,573 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

WOW that is great news Earl made it sound like this would be a long time coming.

I think Earl was referring to the whole "Channels I Receive" issue, which would have been another way to address the problem. You could have eliminated the channel you didn't want from your list. I actually want both versions, however. There are times I want to view 4:3 games or specials in SD so I can use my TV's anamorphic stretch. /s
/steve

#403 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

I think Earl was referring to the whole "Channels I Receive" issue, which would have been another way to address the problem. You could have eliminated the channel you didn't want from your list. I actually want both versions, however. There are times I want to view 4:3 games or specials in SD so I can use my TV's anamorphic stretch. /s

I tried to get rid of it but could not maybe I was doing it wrong. I set a fav channel list and it would always go to the SD version 1st

#404 OFFLINE   kenn157

kenn157

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

Actually, this has finally been rectified in the latest CE (0158), at least for the NY RSNs. Now 622 and 625 default to the HD channel and you have to hit channel up to get to the SD counterpart. It's now consistent with CBS, NBC, et al. /s

It has been fixed! Finally! :)

#405 OFFLINE   squawk

squawk

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Curious, I am no longer able to activate slow motion by holding down PLAY button for 3 or more secs. Moreover, w/r/t the HR20 "Undocumented Guide" available here for download, indicates that by holding down for 3 seconds or so (i) the 6-sec back replay button, one can return to beginning of program; (ii) the 30-sec skip button, one can immediately jump to end of program, my remote performs neither of these functions. If anything, attempting to use the buttons somehow screws up playback of the recorded material where dark blank screens appear roughly ever 10 secs or so. Only way to eliminate was to turn receiver off, then back on & re-enter program.

Wonder if any others have similar experience.

#406 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,573 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I tried to get rid of it but could not maybe I was doing it wrong. I set a fav channel list and it would always go to the SD version 1st

Modifying favorites alone won't do it. That will only eliminate the SD channel from the Guide and a channel up/down scan, but it's still there if you punch the # in directly or search. The hope is that by unchecking it from the CIR list, the HR20 might consider it non-existent. /s
/steve

#407 OFFLINE   Andy S

Andy S

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have had my HR20-700 for about 5 months and it has basically worked great. Only 2 RBR's. However, after the latest release at the end of March I have a new issue. When watching a recorded program I get red dots (pixelation) randomly in the playback. They appear very briefly maybe every 10 seconds or so. I do not get this effect when watching live TV. So far I have noticed it when recording NBC here in Miami via Sat(6). I am going to try and record off of my local antenna(6.1) next time to see if I get the same result. I recorded lost last week on ABC (10) and it played back fine. Seems to be my NBC recordings via channel 6. Any thoughts?

#408 OFFLINE   ChrisMinCT

ChrisMinCT

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Just noticed something today for the first time. If I go to an XM channel, with Native On, it leaves the output on whatever station I'm coming from. So, for example, I just switched from 4-HD in NY which was at 1080i, and when I go directly to an XM station, it stays at 1080i. But if I got to an SD channel, say 244 SCIFI, it switches to 480p, and then if I go from there to an XM, it stays at 480p.
(1) HR20-700, (2) HR23-700+AM21 Native/Original=On * Toshiba 57HM167 (HR20-HDMI, Cat5) * Olevia 427V (HR23-HDMI, 802.11N) * Sharp Aquos LC32LE700UN (HR23-HDMI, Cat5) * AT9 (5) LNBs

#409 OFFLINE   webshot

webshot

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

145 issues I have had so far:

- Caller ID has quit working 3 times now, reboot temp. fix

- Changing channels (with native on) 75% of the time will lock up with black screen until I change the channel and then go back. Tried it with native off and it does it as well sometimes.

- Doing the reverse skip feature the play bar does not show at the bottom and the picture sometimes freezes so I cant tell how far back to go of how many times I pushed the button.

- Number button presses dont change the channel 80% of the time. I have to press it multiple times to get the channel to change

- That pink thing is still there but intermitant

- I found deleting a set recorded program (season pass) that has no future showings from the prioritizer or anywhere else takes a magic key that I cannot find half the time.

- I'm constantly being told that my "File Server Has Loged Off" which seems to be caused by my UPNP FTP server on my network. Constant pop-ups from this to the point where my HR20 has been unplugged from the network.

Personally 145 has caused more problems for me than it fixed!! Everything was working great before!

Thanks

#410 OFFLINE   NYHeel

NYHeel

Godfather

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

My mother called me last night and said the Hr20 seemed frozen on the guide or list screen when she turned the TV on. The thing is that she had just come back from an almost week long vacation. So now she had no recordings during that time. This is another example (I know this is only one example but it happens way too often) of why the Hr20 still can't be trusted to do the job.

Total number of freezes on DVRs that I've owned not called the Hr20 (2 months of a TWC DVR, 3.5 years of 2 SD DTivos, 1.5 years of 1 Hr10): 0

Total number of freezes on Hr20 that I've had for 5 months: about 6-10.

I can deal with reboots. It's not great but at least you only miss about 5 minutes of at most 1 or 2 recordings. A bad timed freeze can lead to many missed recordings. The directv guys need to come up with a way to have the box kind of sense the freeze and reboot (I assume that's what the Tivos do) so you don't have this kind of problem.

#411 OFFLINE   gteach26

gteach26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

I have had my HR20-700 for about 5 months and it has basically worked great. Only 2 RBR's. However, after the latest release at the end of March I have a new issue. When watching a recorded program I get red dots (pixelation) randomly in the playback. They appear very briefly maybe every 10 seconds or so. I do not get this effect when watching live TV. So far I have noticed it when recording NBC here in Miami via Sat(6). I am going to try and record off of my local antenna(6.1) next time to see if I get the same result. I recorded lost last week on ABC (10) and it played back fine. Seems to be my NBC recordings via channel 6. Any thoughts?

I've had the same "red dots" issue once in a while. Also in Miami and also only on NBC6. It has done it during "The Office" "30 Rock" and a few other primetime shows. Also does it during the news promos.

The fact that we only get it on one channel and in one city tells me this is probably an NBC6 Miami issue. It hasn't happened in while so I'm hoping it is just one of those HDTV anomalies and it goes away on its own. Post back if you keep getting the dots....

Thanks!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...