Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just cant pull the trigger!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vid53

vid53

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

I have 2 HR10-250 tivos which work great. The reason I cant make the switch now is, I do not want to lose my New York HD locals. I get my reg. locals on the OTA antenna. This works great for baseball and football. I am not renewing my football package this year. Between the different HD locals I have quite a few selections. Anyone else have this same situation?

Maybe next year
Vid53

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cruise350

cruise350

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

Pull the trigger, I've retired my hr10-250 to the basement tv and haven't missed it one bit. Plus, your hr10 won't be able to receive the new lineup of hd programs when D* launches their new sats.
1 HR21-100= HDMI direct to Sharp Aqous 52D82U LCD, Networked Wireless Bridge
1 HR22-100= HDMI direct to Panasonic 42" Plasma, Networked Wireless Game Adapter,Slingbox Classic
1 HR21-200= HDMI direct to Vizio LC420XVT, Wired Direct to Router, Slingbox Pro HD Connect
1 HR21-700= HDMI direct to Sharp 19" LCD/DVD HDTV, not networked
1 HR 20-700=HDMI 32" Vizio
1 HR20-100=In the Motorhome

#3 OFFLINE   Guindalf

Guindalf

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:35 AM

Oh how I envy you!

I "upgraded" to two HR20s 'cos I can't get HD locals here (too far from an antenna for OTA and a crap cable provider) and I hate them with a passion! Give me an HR10 any day!

Even my wife, who is the first to admit that she's technologically challenged, says the same thing. She even sits there making "padoop, padoop, padoop" sounds!!!!!!
There is no dark side of the moon really - as a matter of fact, it's all dark

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:56 AM

I have had nothing but a posetive experience with my 2 boxes and was like you wanting to hold on to my Tivo but I am glad I made the change. The reason I did it was to get NESN in HD and glad I did as it looks great can't wait to see the Sox in HD this year

#5 OFFLINE   hersheytx

hersheytx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

I have 2 HR10-250 tivos which work great. The reason I cant make the switch now is, I do not want to lose my New York HD locals. I get my reg. locals on the OTA antenna. This works great for baseball and football. I am not renewing my football package this year. Between the different HD locals I have quite a few selections. Anyone else have this same situation?

Maybe next year
Vid53

I have upgraded, but I have also invested in a new HD TERK ant. I want to keep my HD TIVO as long as I can. No reason to turn off the TIVO if you can use it to record over the air HD. It works...keep it too.

#6 OFFLINE   ZDawg

ZDawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

Depending on your needs, I'd say go for it. I had a rough time with mine for the first few months, but they've got it working to the point where most of my issues are 'minor' in comparison to the RBR and constant missed or bad recording that I had going for a while. I was on this site daily and now I only cruse by once, twice a week to check for any major updates or issues.

Z

Protected By... spam firewall...And...