Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

0x145 and HR10-250

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Goodwrnch03

Goodwrnch03

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

I have a HR20-700 connected to a Pioneer Elite and a HR10-250 connected to a SD Pioneer.

No problems with the HR20 that i know if, BUT......

After the upgrade last night now the HR10-250 no longer works. Signal Strength is good above 90% on all three sats. It just will not acquire any info from the sats. Says searching for signal on Sat1 and Sat2? I have restarted the unit twice and have cold started it once, same thing. It says there is a problem with the setup and will not play live TV.....

Any body else with this problem?

Thanks,

Bo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

The two receivers are independent of one another....
The 0x145 update should have no affect on your HR10-250.

Try unplugging your HR20 to see if your HR10 will start to function or not.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Goodwrnch03

Goodwrnch03

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the info Earl. I have tried everything, restarted recorder, powered down, went through entire set up process and it hangs at the same point as stated below.

I have also tried to power the HR20 down and rerun the setup. Same results as posted below.

It gets to the step of aquiring satellite info and it hangs at 10%. Comes back that there is a 4 port switch. But on both SAT in 1 and 2 it says for sat 101 that :Right side not detected" Both 110 and 119 say "Not Detected"

It then hangs at that point and will not go any further.

According to the signal meters i have 93% on 101, 97% on 119, and 83% on 110.

HR10 was working at 4:15 when i got up to make my bladder gladder and at 6:00 when i got up it said "Searching for signal on Sat 1 and Sat2". Been dead ever since.

My HR20 got an update to 145 at 4:46am. Might be a coincidence, but it is pretty weird........

Tech is suppose to be here by 1:00pm. We will see........

Thanks for the help.

Bo

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

Did you try unplugging your HR20 (At least from the SAT feed), and seeing what the HR10-250 is doing?

It shouldn't matter, but at least it is a test.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Goodwrnch03

Goodwrnch03

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:24 AM

Did you try unplugging your HR20 (At least from the SAT feed), and seeing what the HR10-250 is doing?

It shouldn't matter, but at least it is a test.

I powered the HR20 down and rerun the test. Same results.

Local company just called and they will be here by 12:30. Impressed with the response from this company, Digital Satellite, Mastec 2. Service call was placed by D* at 10:00 this morning and have all ready had two calls from them. Last was a follow up saying they are running behind and will be here by 12:30.

Will post findings.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Bo

#6 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

Total coincidence.

Good luck!

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Let us know if they wind up replacing your HR10 with an HR20 and wind up letting you keep the HR10 [Since rumor has it they don't want them back].

If this is the case my last HR10 might develop a problem. ;-)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

I powered the HR20 down and rerun the test. Same results.

I think Earl meant for you to disconnect the HR20 from the satellite feed, just for the record.

Anyway, maybe by now all your problems are solved, I hope!

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#9 OFFLINE   Goodwrnch03

Goodwrnch03

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

It ended up being a couple of bad connectors on the satellite cables to the Multiswitch. Had no effect on signal quality to the HR10, just would not let the unti acquire the satellite info.

Replaced connectors and it seems to be working fine now. It did stall again on acquiring satellite info and had to be rebooted twice before it began working and acquired all the satellite info.

They told me to keep an eye on it and if it happened again they would send me a new receiver.

Kudos to the service guy, I think the name of the company is Mastec 2. Guy was great, i would highly reccommend them.

Thanks for all your input,

Bo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...