Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do you have 4.01?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you have 4.01? (168 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have 4.01?

1. Yes (86 votes [51.19%])

Percentage of vote: 51.19%

2. No (82 votes [48.81%])

Percentage of vote: 48.81%

Vote

#21 OFFLINE   mikesd

mikesd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

"Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.01"
Yes, as tnsprin noted the word is plans. It is not yet an every receiver release.

Patience. Or read some of the complaints and be glad you don't have it! :D

Have not recieved it yet and not in a big hurry since I have been operating perfectly for a long time. Being patient is not a problem rather than gaining a headache. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mikesd

mikesd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

Just ventured upon this; http://www.satellite...ead.php?t=93408

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,793 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

See the report here as well:
http://www.dbstalk.c...3433#post893433

That would make sense (L4.02) especially with the complaints about L4.01 here and elsewhere.

It seems odd to me that so many people seem to be upset about NOT getting L4.01 at the same time as so many people are upset about getting it. Is the grass always greener on the other side?

For those who want to fill this forum with "I don't have it" posts ...

If you did not get L4.01 last week (March 23rd or so) you will not be getting L4.01 until further report.

P Smith is kind enough to monitor E*'s software streams and most likely will provide that report when it happens (and not a day or week before).

It doesn't matter where you live or how many times you reboot your receiver. Until your receiver is targeted you won't get L4.01 - and the targeting has not changed in over a week.

So, as suggested before, relax. You will get a new software version eventually. Please be patient.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#24 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

So, as suggested before, relax. You will get a new software version eventually. Please be patient.

From everything I'm seeing, I'm happy to have 366 at this point. Like I said before, I would rather they take their time releasing a well-tested version. Oh, and thanks again for the volunteer testers (and testers who didn't volunteer but got it anyway) that let Dish know that 401 was not really ready! Your reports probably saved the rest of us a whole lot of grief!

#25 OFFLINE   nneptune

nneptune

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:26 PM

Got up this morning, checked as I always do, still 366. Going back to DirecTV is starting to look better and better every day! :eek2:

Mike

No! Don't do that!
Granted I was only there for 9 months and with DISH for 9 years, but Directv and their equipment are both a complete mess.
If you think you've got any problems now, you'll see quadruple the problems with what they're offering now.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...