Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

one dish configuration instead of superdish + dish500?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bdmd

bdmd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

I currently have superdish and a dish 500 in order to receive the full complement of HD programming, plus my locals (in SD). Is there any way I can get the same channels from just one dish? My area code is 30458 (Southeast GA, about 50 miles west of Savannah). Thanks for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Larry the satellite guy

Larry the satellite guy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

maybe...it all depends on which sat your locals come in on and what if anything you are getting on the 121.Unless you are getting the locals on the 121,about the only thing on that sat is international.The dish 500 you have is prob,pointed at the 61.5 or the 129 for your HD.You could prob go to a single dish 1000,but we would need more info to answer the question completely.If you are not getting international and your locals are not on the 121,your best bet would be to go with a 1000 if you want just 1 dish.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...