Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mxd

mxd

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

Just had Slimline, HR20-700, and 3 standard receivers installed today. Install went great, no problems whatsoever.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up series record, my wife loves American Idol and will not rest until she knows she won't miss it!!!

I do a search for American Idol, and it finds 3 occurences for it, but none of them on the channel I need. In my case, I need it to record from channel 28-1, an OTA channel. Could some one possibly tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in adnavce for the help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

Have you scanned for your OTA channels yet?

#3 OFFLINE   mxd

mxd

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Have you scanned for your OTA channels yet?

Yes I have, and they are all there.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

The only other thing I can think of is that it takes 24 hours for the guide to be completely loaded. Check and see if you can do it tomorrow.

#5 OFFLINE   Tiebmbr

Tiebmbr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

Could also be possible that not all of your guide data is loaded yet...give it a day or so. Otherwise make sure you dig into your favorite channels to make sure the guide is showing your local HDs via the SAT, it sounds like you're only seeing your OTA channels (the "-1" designating a DT station).

When you do get the guide data properly loaded up, find Idol in the grid and press record twice, (you'll probably have to do it for the two days it's on this week), that will set it up to record the series for both nights it's on. You should go into the to do list and make sure that it's set to go, but that should do it for you!

#6 OFFLINE   mxd

mxd

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

Thanks all, will give it a couple days.

spam firewall