Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.01 to be replaced this week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

That's what a tech rep just told me. It's causing all kinds of problems.

No kidding! 26 mini-watchdogs during the 14 hours it was "off" last night. And now I've lost the video from the component output. It was fine when I watched NCAA basketball last night. Now just a black screen.

Thank heaven I had S-video cable connected. I can at least watch SD TV, but I'm really pissed that E* did a general rollout of L4.01 without extensive testing.

Tech rep on duty today didn't seem to know much. Just that they had told her new software would be coming sometime this week. I'll try calling tomorrow and see if I can find someone more knowledgable.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MISTRV

MISTRV

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

My HDMI port has no Video after L4.01. My 622 had been error free until this download.
At least I can watch through the component video.

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

My HDMI port has no Video after L4.01. My 622 had been error free until this download.

I had the same thing happen to me on one of my 622's last week, but I don't think it's L401 related. I powered on one night and nothing, I jiggled the cable and briefly got video back then it went all green then all red then nothing. The cable feels more loose in the back than my other unit, I think it's the hardware problem. You might be in the same boat. I'd suggest calling it into Dish if you haven't already.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

but I'm really pissed that E* did a general rollout of L4.01 without extensive testing.

Yeah, told me that today ! Fooling around ?

#5 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

Are these the same people who were pissed because L 4.01 was delayed so long.

Hmmm...you're damned if you do , and damned if you don't.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

There were people mad just last week that they didn't get L4.01 and wanted to know why they didn't get it... now if it looks like maybe they might be addressing some bugs found and planning another release that addresses those in QUICK fashion... there are people complaining about that.

Agreed... Dish can't win for losing, and there will always be people to complain no matter what they do.

I applaud them for allowing a targetted rollout of L4.01 with volunteer customer testers to help them address some things before the major rollout. We all should be getting a better end-product as a result. But I guess some folks will complain about that too :confused:

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#7 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

Okay, I found the problem with the component video output. The 622's HDTV setup had been changed to 720p. That doesn't work with a 1080i TV. The aspect ratio also had been changed to 4x3 instead of 16x9.

Now I didn't change it and no one else was in the house, so how did it get changed unless the 622 changed itself? Maybe during one of the 26 miniwatchdog reboots last night?

After this experience I'd suggest anyone having problems view every setting. They may not be what you think they are.

And no, I wasn't one of those people complaining when 4.01 was delayed. In fact, I was concerned when it downloaded because I didn't think there had been enough time for the beta testers to identify problems.

#8 OFFLINE   GATER

GATER

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

I had this problem as well. I switched the resolution from 1080i to 720p in the hdtv setup menu. It still is a problem though because it seems i have to do this every time I use the hdmi input. I use the hdmi input with my projector exclusively for now, so I'm not sure why I have to continually change the resolution every time i use my pj.

#9 OFFLINE   whatchel1

whatchel1

Hall Of Fame

• No PM's
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

I'm one of those that asked for the change. I didn't get the beta tester email but I had volunteered to be one. I got the 2nd roll out so now I know a little bit what it is like to be in their shoes.

#10 OFFLINE   AVJohnnie

AVJohnnie

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

I didn’t volunteer for it but I got it anyway, on both of my 622s…

#11 OFFLINE   santafeguy

santafeguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

So with my new instal in a couple weeks, should I expect that 4.01 is going to be my sw ver?

#12 OFFLINE   nneptune

nneptune

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

I checked everything today, and all my settings, recordings, timers, etc were affected by the 4.01 release.
The only odd thing that happened was last night I could not get any reception at all on TV2.
I tried a few soft reboots, but they didn't help.
I kept getting an error message that only said to call support.
TV 2 wouldn't even budge to search for transponders.
It magically began to work after messing around with the receiver for awhile.
I still don't know what it was that caused everything to return to normal.
Other than that one incident, the 4.01 software has been flawless.
But, if it's been causing problems already, it's better to roll out another update.

#13 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

So with my new instal in a couple weeks, should I expect that 4.01 is going to be my sw ver?

Probably not.
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

#14 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

Are these the same people who were pissed because L 4.01 was delayed so long.

Hmmm...you're damned if you do , and damned if you don't.

Exactly! :rolleyes:

spam firewall