Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV SAT-GO: Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Coffey77

Coffey77

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:21 AM

$1,500! I hope they have a nice payment plan. :) Maybe they can do it like the subscriptions - 4 easy installments. Even better, 12 easy installments. :D
- Andy
My Setup - (Computer Setup Included)
HR20-700 - / - / H20-100 -
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE<-- to DBSTalk.com and become a DBSTalk Club Member!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

Payment plan?
Depends on where you get the unit, maybe they have lay-away.

I have had the price of $1499.00 confirmed by an internal source. The source also states that the release date will be May 2nd, 2007 (but this may change at any time)

Concerns:
I have a concern about the review, Earl stated that DIRECTV would have replacements for the RC64S remote, I find this doubtful but will check my sources.

Reason, if a someone was to loose the RC22 remote that comes with the Humax LD2060, DIRECTV will *NOT* replace it with another RC22.

If you want a RC22 the only people who can get you one is Humax. (I know from experience)

Now the RC16, RC23, RC24, RC32, RC32BB, RC32RF, & RC34 will control the DIRECTV functions of the receiver, however, DIRECTV has no code that will allow these remotes to control the TV functions of the Humax LD2060.

An automatic code search also failed to get control of the TV. If anyone knows a code that will allow these remotes to control the TV functions of the LD2060 please let me know.

If the SAT-GO follows in the footsteps of the LD2060 then this will be an issue for it as well. Like the LD2060, you may have to go to Humax for a remote replacement. I will grill my sources for an update.

#63 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

I sit corrected, I just found out that DIRECTV CAN order a replacement remote for this unit

#64 OFFLINE   Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, but with the price I fear this is going to go the way of Titanium... a cool novelty item for the elite. I mean, I could see a use for it for tailgating... but, I already see many people with a large TV, receiver and D* or E* dish, with a bigger screen than this...

They show camping, but, who in their right minds goes camping only so they can turn on the DIRECTV and watch the game? And those that do, have a D* or E* receiver in their RVs or campers with a dish... so it doesn't really fill any need that a simple, not to mention cheaper, setup already gives.

Just my $0.02 American Dollars.
Follow me on Twitter, you little stalker :-)
www.CampaignForLiberty.com
www.YALiberty.com

#65 OFFLINE   cowboys2002

cowboys2002

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

I see this unit as a nice attempt at a small "lower cost", more convenient DirecTV experience on the go.

Yes, you could simply bring and extra dish.mount to pole, and spare larger TV for less money. But the set-up may take more time.

The antenna's for SUV's and RV's (the multi-directional ones) cost (or used to) several thousands and came with a base receiver and NO TV).

I personally would opt for a 32 Inch Vizio flat screen mounted in the bed of my truck and a 3lnb or 5 lnb dish for less than $1,499.

I received the e-mail from DTV last week, and I'm not biting on this product.

#66 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

I don't know if any one saw it but the "Sat To Go" was a prize on the Price Is Right Million Dollar Show this past week. The Retail was $2,700.
2 HR-20 700's
1 HR24-500
1 AM21
All receivers are networked

8 Port SWM
OTA Feeding all receivers
Slimline Dish
DLS 15MB's- FIOS

#67 OFFLINE   AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:46 AM

I don't know if any one saw it but the "Sat To Go" was a prize on the Price Is Right Million Dollar Show this past week. The Retail was $2,700.

They likely included a year of the Premium Package with the product. I know SIRIUS typically include a free year of service with their products.

#68 OFFLINE   rahchgo

rahchgo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Sat-GO was one of the featured gagets on the NBC Today show Friday morning. It was interesting that it apparently was connected to an iPod as the video source, since they were in the studio.
Rich - Chicago, IL (Tri-Taylor neighborhood) HR44-500

#69 OFFLINE   bjbyers

bjbyers

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but can this be used from outside the US (going to the Bahamas in a couple months). No idea how that works trying to point toward Texas from another continent. :)

And secondly I assume the long cable is so if at a hotel or somewhere the disk could maybe be on the balcony (if he view was right) and the TV in the room? Or am I trying to invent more uses for this which just won't work?

Lot of bling, but looks cool! My credit card is shaking in my hand :)

#70 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but can this be used from outside the US (going to the Bahamas in a couple months). No idea how that works trying to point toward Texas from another continent. :)

And secondly I assume the long cable is so if at a hotel or somewhere the disk could maybe be on the balcony (if he view was right) and the TV in the room? Or am I trying to invent more uses for this which just won't work?

Lot of bling, but looks cool! My credit card is shaking in my hand :)

Don't know about the bahamas. Might be too weak a signal, might not. And aiming toward texas would be a bit off. Need to aim farther south, i'm betting. :)

And you have the basic picture, the long cord is so you can be where you want to be and the flat panel dish can be where it needs to be to get a clear line of sight. I can just see it now, ordering hotel rooms by facing south instead of "view" or "away from the highway" :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#71 OFFLINE   bjbyers

bjbyers

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:55 AM

Don't know about the bahamas. Might be too weak a signal, might not. And aiming toward texas would be a bit off. Need to aim farther south, i'm betting. :)

And you have the basic picture, the long cord is so you can be where you want to be and the flat panel dish can be where it needs to be to get a clear line of sight. I can just see it now, ordering hotel rooms by facing south instead of "view" or "away from the highway" :)

Cheers,
Tom

You're funny, I was thinking the same thing about order a hotel room. "Are you sure you want the side facing the land fill?" ... "YES...I....DO, Simpsons is on tonight :) " So if Bahamas is a long shot than London would probably never work. I am trying to convince myself this is worth the cash because it looks cool, but if the only place I can use it is my back yard then whats the point. For road trips it could be neat for kids in the back seat but you'd have to keep repositioning if I understand it correctly. Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

#72 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

For road trips it could be neat for kids in the back seat but you'd have to keep repositioning if I understand it correctly. Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it would be useless in the car.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...