Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

P3.68 Bug - Fix from Tech Support

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gustnado

gustnado

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

I have had a problem with P3.68 (and to some extent previous versions) that when I hit buttons too fast, frequently it will crash - black screen, random flickering, etc and then reboot. This can cause the cause of several minutes of whatever is being recorded (this has happened when I went to play back an older recording while it was recording something else).

Tech support said that the Inactivity Power Off should be *enabled* in order to prevent this.

Go figure.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SMosher

SMosher

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

I have had a problem with P3.68 (and to some extent previous versions) that when I hit buttons too fast, frequently it will crash - black screen, random flickering, etc and then reboot. This can cause the cause of several minutes of whatever is being recorded (this has happened when I went to play back an older recording while it was recording something else).

Tech support said that the Inactivity Power Off should be *enabled* in order to prevent this.

Go figure.

OK... I gave it a shot ... and it still got jacked up.

#3 OFFLINE   Geeke19

Geeke19

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

yea I did that also mines still farbered up.
comcast blast internet

directv HR24/100 HD DVR receiver

#4 OFFLINE   toomuchtv

toomuchtv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:10 PM

When I turned on my 510 w/ 3.68 the other afternoon, it was "hung up" in inactive mode, alternating between gray block & large logo but would not display programming. I rebooted and, thankfully, it recovered w/o losing my recordings. I suspect it may have happened because I had a timer set for 3:00 a.m. I have since disabled the feature. I had none of these problems UNTIL I got 3.68 - the s/w sent out to correct problems.

#5 OFFLINE   Geeke19

Geeke19

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

was watching a recording of mash from yesterday hit fast foward BAM green screen thing cuts it self off. UGH getting really pi$$ed off. piece of crap.
comcast blast internet

#6 OFFLINE   catnap1972

catnap1972

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

Just crashed for the third time since the cough-update-cough. Seems to be a pattern setting up and I don't like it (but I'm definitely not going to cough up $120 to deal with it)

#7 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Has this issue been fixed yet? I now have this p368 bug. I had previously set system upgrades by permision only but now that I look, its been reset to without my permision and thus I now have p368.

#8 OFFLINE   catnap1972

catnap1972

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

Problems are still apparent--I can't do anything with mine (FF/REW) while it's recording or it'll crash. Even choosing something to watch from the DVR menu is an iffy proposition as it'll sometimes crash when something is chosen.

#9 OFFLINE   SMosher

SMosher

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

Problems are still apparent--I can't do anything with mine (FF/REW) while it's recording or it'll crash. Even choosing something to watch from the DVR menu is an iffy proposition as it'll sometimes crash when something is chosen.

Very same issue here. Calling TS everyday for the final 5xx STB I have here and still no idea when a fix will be out.

PS: Don't even bother talking if you get a rep thats not in this country. They don't know crap and they're a bunch of idiots.

#10 OFFLINE   catnap1972

catnap1972

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:26 AM

I'd gladly swap mine in a NY minute for a 522/625 but I'm not paying $119 for it (not when they broke it)

#11 OFFLINE   jackj

jackj

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

Got the 508 with P3.68, and same thing. Un*****believable. Weeks now, losing show after show to reboots. Plus, if it's been delayed :30, you've missed :30 of the show! Got a guy from India today, and I just gave up. They've known about this for 6 weeks or so; that's when I called and was told they were working on it. Just unbelievable... Definitely going to check out cable or Direct TV. Anyone know of a way to salvage or watch my saved programs (if they haven't gotten deleted yet) after I cancel?

#12 OFFLINE   Geeke19

Geeke19

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

I was watching something on BBCAMERICA hit paused walk into the other room. Came back 10 mins later hit fasted foward to skip the commercials, GREEN SCREEN!! bam DVR cuts off. Well lost watching that show thanks alot DISH!
comcast blast internet

#13 OFFLINE   putabengali

putabengali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

OK... I gave it a shot ... and it still got jacked up.

Inactivity power off is just to make sure it gets the new sw download as soon as it becomes available... there is no short term fix

#14 OFFLINE   SMosher

SMosher

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

Inactivity power off is just to make sure it gets the new sw download as soon as it becomes available... there is no short term fix

The unit has been replaced since with a 625. Great way to get rid of the 3.68 issues.
I have a happy wife again; well, with the TV part of our marrige she is happy. :hurah:

It wasn't that bad of an upgrade cost either.

#15 OFFLINE   FF Mac

FF Mac

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:29 AM

It wasn't that bad of an upgrade cost either.

I had a real difficult time accepting the fact that their software upgrade broke my receiver and their "fix" was for me to pay for a new one. What kind of business model is that? We signed up for DirecTV, got everything we had before but now we also have HD service (with an HD DVR).

Interestingly enough, when I called to cancel DishNetwork, they offered me a 622 to stay. I told them they should have done that months ago instead of screwing around.:nono2:

#16 OFFLINE   skidudek2

skidudek2

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

3.69 released 5/18

%htp://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/content/tech/receiver/510.shtml%

hope this fixes all those reboot problems

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...2&postcount=417

#18 OFFLINE   faulkton

faulkton

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:55 AM

I had a real difficult time accepting the fact that their software upgrade broke my receiver and their "fix" was for me to pay for a new one. What kind of business model is that? We signed up for DirecTV, got everything we had before but now we also have HD service (with an HD DVR).

Interestingly enough, when I called to cancel DishNetwork, they offered me a 622 to stay. I told them they should have done that months ago instead of screwing around.:nono2:

Your post echos my thoughts and actions nicely. I even told two separate techs that rather than pay $120 i would just make the switch to DTV (for free), but neither rep would waive the fee.

I can't believe that dish would prefer to lose a long time customer than waive the $120 fee. Ive been paying them at least $80 for almost a decade and have been a DVR customer since the DP 7100 was released so many years ago. They always had good customer service until recently, meaning the outsourced reps and a terrible policy of telling the customer that a known bug in the software is the culprit and paying $120 is the only solution.

spam firewall