Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bizzare problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Seb

Seb

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

Ever since friday my 622 seems to record the "Dresden Files" on SciFi on both tuners every day. It did it friday, saturday and just now again tonight, it starts at 10 and goes on forever. IE I have to manually shut down the recording as it just keeps going. I stopped it at >12 hours this morning.

I do not have this show set to record, infact I don't have anything set to record friday, saturday OR sunday. And I will put money on it that it will decide to record this tommorow night.

The other odd thing is that there are several events from "User 2" in the record history both events occured at 9:31.. I have the receiver configured for single mode, so I'm not sure where that is coming from.. but perhaps the 2 are related? Though the recording started at 10..

The only thing I can think off is that I have a neighbor with a remote set to the same address as I... but that does not explain the 12+ hours of recording.

Has anyone seen this before? Any way to "correct" it short of reseting to defaults?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

WOW.. this is a strange one. Not sure what to say on this one.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   bigshew

bigshew

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

Maybe the neighbor is starting the recording with his UHF remote, but stopping it with his IR remote, so your DVR only gets the start signal. It wouldn't hurt to change the address on remote 2.

#4 OFFLINE   Seb

Seb

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

I changed the remote address on remote 2 to something else ( It was on 1 ) so maybe the neighbor theory is it. I guess I'll see tommorow night.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...