Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

latest news on Extra Innings for Dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

http://www.bizofbase...id=16&Itemid=52

"Written by The Staff
Tuesday, 03 April 2007
Face-to-face meetings are still occurring with the parties as of late Tuesday regarding a deal to keep MLB Extra Innings on cable and DISH Networks.

“We were hoping and expecting that there could be a deal done the last couple of days. Both sides are involved, and they’re continuing to talk,” In Demand spokeswoman Ellen Cooper said"

Their still may be hope.
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   duggan00969

duggan00969

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

On a personal and business basis.....I really hope they can work things out. At the moment here Puerto Rico we will only be able to get two games a day from the extra innings package that directv puerto rico is selling......and they are selling it with a price similar to the full extra innings package.....

I have subscribed to extra inning for both personal and business use in my bar for years...........the little crap coming from the local Direct Tv provider will not cut it.

The deal screws baseball fans in Puerto Rico as it currently stands:(

#3 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

http://www.bizofbase...id=16&Itemid=52

"Written by The Staff
Tuesday, 03 April 2007
Face-to-face meetings are still occurring with the parties as of late Tuesday regarding a deal to keep MLB Extra Innings on cable and DISH Networks.

“We were hoping and expecting that there could be a deal done the last couple of days. Both sides are involved, and they’re continuing to talk,” In Demand spokeswoman Ellen Cooper said"

Their still may be hope.

It's over! Directv is ofically a momopoly.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#4 OFFLINE   JFHughes08088

JFHughes08088

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

Monopoly my a**. Dish could have gotten the agreement if they were willing to pay what D* paid. D* ponies up the cash, now everyone else is crying foul..........please.
HD DVR HR20-700, connected via HDMI to:
Hitachi 65F59A. Optical audio for HT.
H20 connected via component to:
Hitachi 53UDX10B
Panasonic PVR DMR-ES10
Technics SA-DX950
5.1 surround. Front channel = Linaeum dipole ribbon tweeters
Powered Sub
Technics SL-MC3 60 disk CD
Harmony 880 Remote (2)

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,375 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

Dish could have gotten the agreement if they were willing to pay what D* paid.

Would Dish Network have received the same value that DirecTV gets? I don't suppose the details will be publicly disclosed, but there is quite a bit of chatter about DirecTV getting a much better deal than was being offered to the competition. Perhaps it just fell into place better with DirecTV's sports bent.

Do you have any links to support an equitable offer scenario?

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,375 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

...and they are selling it with a price similar to the full extra innings package.....

Paying anywhere near the $699 MLB EI price would be awfully difficult to justify for a small bar if you're only going to get a fraction of the games.

#7 OFFLINE   JFHughes08088

JFHughes08088

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

MLB is in the business of making money. They have a product to sell and sell it to the highest bidder. Back when D* was a little start-up, they invested in their future. Now they get to enjoy a return on that investment. There was nothing stopping Dish from outbidding their competitors and nothing forcing any of us to buy the programming. Hey, one big reason I stay wtih D* is for the Sunday ticket (and a chance to get out from under the cable company). If enough people buy EI, D* made a good bsuiness move. If not, they over-estimated the demand for the product.

To answer your question directly, no I don't have sources I can site other than 25 years business management experience in both the public and private sectors.
HD DVR HR20-700, connected via HDMI to:
Hitachi 65F59A. Optical audio for HT.
H20 connected via component to:
Hitachi 53UDX10B
Panasonic PVR DMR-ES10
Technics SA-DX950
5.1 surround. Front channel = Linaeum dipole ribbon tweeters
Powered Sub
Technics SL-MC3 60 disk CD
Harmony 880 Remote (2)

#8 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

MLB is in the business of making money. They have a product to sell and sell it to the highest bidder. Back when D* was a little start-up, they invested in their future. Now they get to enjoy a return on that investment. There was nothing stopping Dish from outbidding their competitors and nothing forcing any of us to buy the programming. Hey, one big reason I stay wtih D* is for the Sunday ticket (and a chance to get out from under the cable company). If enough people buy EI, D* made a good bsuiness move. If not, they over-estimated the demand for the product.

To answer your question directly, no I don't have sources I can site other than 25 years business management experience in both the public and private sectors.

In-demand's deal wil probably hurt D* more than if Dish also signs on. Dish supposively only had 55000 signed up for EI.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

Protected By... spam firewall...And...