Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

vip622 2nd room setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ltbong

ltbong

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

I only have 2 RG6 drops where the 622 will be installed. Will I need a diplexer in order to hook up the 2nd TV or would I need a 3rd RG6 drop?

Thanks,
Lawrence

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ndyclrk

ndyclrk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

You don't need either. You can use one line for the Sat inputs and the other for the TV2 output.

#3 OFFLINE   ltbong

ltbong

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

doesn't the receiver need 2 inputs from the sat?

#4 OFFLINE   podder320

podder320

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

My 622 installation has a single RG6 carrying sat signals from the roof. It goes to a splitter just outside the back of the 622, and there are two very short RG6 cables going from the splitter to the 622's two SAT inputs. I don't know the nature of the signals or the splitter, but that's the physical setup.

If you can arrange to get that kind of roof-to-receiver installation, you should be able to use the second RG6 to carry RF OUT from the 622 to the second TV.

#5 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

Its a DPP Seperator instead of a splitter. You only need one cable from the dish to the 622 and the Seperator is used to connect it to both tuner inputs.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#6 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

To use the Separator, you must have a DishPro Plus Twin, DPP44 or Dish 1000.2. If the LNB/switch setup is legacy or regular DishPro you need 2 lines.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#7 OFFLINE   brantlew

brantlew

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hello,

I only have 2 RG6 drops where the 622 will be installed. Will I need a diplexer in order to hook up the 2nd TV or would I need a 3rd RG6 drop?

Thanks,
Lawrence

You are lucky. Two drops is plenty to distribute TV2.

If you have a newer Dish then its easy. Only one drop is needed from Sat to 622 (this line will be split at the receiver into both sat inputs). The second drop can be used exclusively for TV2.

If you have an older Dish, then two lines will run from Sat to 622. In that situation, pick one of the lines and put a diplexer on it at the 622 and feed in the TV2 output. Then somewhere down the line at the distribution point put another diplexer to separate the signal back out and send the TV2 signal to it destination.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...